i2i Ventures is a seed-stage venture capital fund that invests in audacious founders solving big problems in Pakistan. We are the sister entity to Invest2Innovate, which has been a pioneer and enabler in the Pakistan startup ecosystem since 2011. i2i Ventures opened our doors in 2019. We consider ourselves hands-on investors; working alongside our portfolio companies to get their businesses to the next level. We are looking for a dynamic and growth-oriented individual to join our investment team as we grow our portfolio & work in the market.
Karachi, Pakistan (Preferred)
- Individuals with 3-5 years of professional experience with at least 2 years of direct experience in investment banking, venture capital and/or private equity.
- Proven experience in financial analysis and modeling; strong understanding of finance fundamentals and investing models.
- Knowledge and experience in Pakistan’s growing startup space is preferred.
- Knowledge of global startup and technology trends is an added plus.
- Conduct research into new investment opportunities
- Identify attractive companies, markets, and sectors for investments
- Produce sector maps detailing opportunities and challenges within various industry sectors
- Develop investment pitches and prepare company/investment presentations
- Conduct due diligence and financial analysis on potential investments
- Build and review financial models for startups
- Implement new pre-investment and post-investment processes across the portfolio
- Collect and analyse portfolio-wide metrics
- Present investment ideas in memorandum to senior management and advisors
- Get things done approach – you have demonstrated that you perform tasks well and efficiently.
- Disciplined & Professional – you are organized, can manage strict deadlines, and are dependable in terms of quality of work.
- Self-starter and proactive – you have shown that you’re willing to and take initiative and roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty.
- Positive & collaborative attitude – you are well-regarded and respected by your colleagues and friends and have an optimistic spirit about the work we do.
- Multi-tasker – you can perform multiple tasks and roles at once and can manage time in an effective way.
Please submit a resume, two references from former employers, colleagues or professional contacts and brief responses (150 words max each) to the following questions:
1. What are the 1-2 specific aspects of this role that you are most excited about? Why?
2. What do you think differentiates venture capital investing from other forms of investing?
Applications will be accepted through August 15, 2021.
The ideal candidate should share our vision and demonstrate a positive and “can-do” spirit – we’re looking for a team player who is excited to learn and get things done! If you think this sounds like you, please send your CV and Cover Letter to at firstname.lastname@example.org
About i2i Ventures:
i2i Ventures invests in early-stage technology-enabled startups solving big problems in Pakistan. We support dynamic & audacious founders, and provide hands-on support to seed-stage companies to take their businesses to the next stage. Our team has worked with startups in Pakistan for over a decade. We have a deep understanding of the market, and the needs of early-stage companies. We don’t believe it is enough to just write a cheque, and support our portfolio companies in growing their businesses to the next level