Horizon Technology Finance is a leader in making venture debt investments in some of the most innovative and exciting emerging life science and technology companies. For the past twenty years, Horizon has sat at the intersection of capital and world changing technologies, as it has invested more than $2 billion in venture loans in order to accelerate the technological and financial growth of its portfolio companies. We work closely with our portfolio companies’ talented management teams and investor syndicates as they develop new technologies, including treatments for rare diseases, game-changing medical devices, and information and internet technologies.
If Horizon sounds exciting to you, please consider joining our team. A team which is a group of thoughtful, experienced, and forward-looking professionals who share the optimism and excitement of its portfolio companies.
Horizon Technology Finance is searching for an Investment Associate to work out of its Farmington, Connecticut office or one of our East Coast offices. The successful candidate will be a dynamic individual with an educational or professional background in credit or finance to support the firm’s growth efforts. The Investment Associate will support and assist the marketing and credit functions at Horizon in the origination, underwriting, and ongoing portfolio management of venture loans to the firm’s target markets. Position reports to Horizon’s Chief Credit Officer.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Conduct due diligence activities on new investment opportunities, including attending management meetings, historical and projected financial modeling, and investor and third-party reference calls.
- Prepare comprehensive Investment Memorandum for new investment opportunities, outlining key operational and financial considerations, risks, and mitigants.
- Present new deal package to Investment Committee for approval and funding.
- Manage a loan and warrant portfolio, including interfacing and regularly communicating with client executives and their investors.
- Ongoing portfolio management, financial analysis, and reporting activities.
- 3-5 years working for a debt provider in a technology and/or life sciences focused bank, investment bank, or other related financial service organization.
- 3-5 years of relevant financial analysis training and modeling. Strong analytical background / Excel skills, particularly in financial modeling.
- BS or BA degree in finance or other related field, with strong academic track record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Salary commensurate to experience; includes a base salary with discretionary bonus, a matching 401(k) plan and health benefits.
If interested, please apply here.