High Alpha Innovation partners with corporations to produce tangible innovation through venture studio and startup creation. Part strategy consultancy, part venture capital firm, our team is a diverse mix of highly-experienced company builders, designers, and strategists who work with corporate partners to source, launch, and invest in themed venture studios and startups.
The Associate will work alongside project teams to identify, research, validate and advance opportunities to launch startups with corporate partners. The role will be responsible for supporting multiple efforts, including: conducting comprehensive market research, testing critical assumptions, designing new business models, and supporting the launch of new ventures. We are seeking an individual who exhibits a high-level of professionalism, a passion for corporate innovation and entrepreneurship, and a business style that is scrappy, strategic, creative, team-oriented, hands-on, and collaborative. This individual should feel equally comfortable in the corporate boardroom and building a new startup from scratch.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the project team to identify new startup and studio opportunities in alignment with corporate partners’ strategic plans
- Organize a process around problem structuring, analysis, and synthesis
- Participate in ongoing venture concept validation
- Execute a detailed work plan for projects
- Research markets and new business opportunities
- Work closely with the leadership team to develop and deliver key insights and opportunities
- Help lead High Alpha Innovation’s Sprint Week process for each corporate engagement
- Seek out and build amazing networks of potential studio foundational members
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA required, MBA and/or advanced degree strongly preferred
Minimum 3 years operating within business consulting or a startup
- Venture and startup experience a strong plus
- Project Management experience required with the ability to manage competing priorities and projects
- Entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated interest in corporate innovation
- Ability to iterate and execute regardless of industry or market
- Advanced PowerPoint/Keynote skills
- Skillful communicator who is comfortable, effective, and influential in meetings with senior management teams
- Self-starter who can thrive in an unstructured and collaborative team environment
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
We make decisions with imperfect information and quickly move forward; we take action. We are comfortable with discomfort, and measure our results in terms of what we build.
We are bold
We seek, uncover, and speak truth. We dream big and we lead through vision. Our ideas change the world.
We create opportunity
We aim to create as much opportunity for as many people as possible, and believe startups are a powerful vehicle for doing that.
If interested, please apply here.