GSV Ventures is a venture capital firm investing in exceptional technology entrepreneurs creating scaled solutions in the “PreK to Gray” digital education and skills market. Additionally, GSV hosts the world-renowned ASU+GSV Summit annually in San Diego, CA, and virtually.
GSV Ventures is looking for our next high performing full-time Investment Associate.
GSV Investment Associates are primarily responsible for sourcing investment opportunities, conducting diligence on startups, as well as providing support to portfolio companies, driving global sector research, and developing content for GSV’s thought leadership + the ASU+GSV Summit.
Who we are looking for:
Ideal candidates are highly curious, proactive, self-starting, tech-savvy, financially sophisticated, and passionate about transformative entrepreneurship. Ideal candidates also have 3-4 years of experience, experience in VC and/or growth fund with direct deal experience or are coming from an operating role within EdTech. Please note – Although an engineering degree or technical experience is not required, it is an advantage.
The expectations of the individual include:
- Be comfortable initiating dialogue and rapport with fund partners, CEOs of technology startups, and other senior industry experts
- Be highly inquisitive and relentless in identifying emerging trends
- Be constructively paranoid about missing out on the best emerging teams and companies
- Be adept in financial modeling and the quantitative analysis of companies
- Be able to aggressively sell the advantages of alignment with the GSV platform
- Be highly service and relationship-oriented when it comes to sector entrepreneurs and partners
- Have a hair on fire mentality in identifying companies and their founders that will have the greatest impact on the education/talent sector
- Be a self-starter who is collaborative and focused on elevating those around you
Note – We are based in San Francisco, Chicago, and New York, but we welcome remote candidates.
If interested, please apply here.