At Greycroft, we take a uniquely collaborative approach to venture capital.
In the 15 years since we started our firm, the venture world has changed meaningfully, but our founding principles and values remain unchanged. We align our incentives with our founders, invest for the long run, and support our portfolio at every turn.
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm with over $2 billion in capital under management and 200+ investments to date including Acorns, Archer Aviation, Bright Health, Bumble, Flutterwave, Icertis, Public, Scopely, Shipt, Thirty Madison, The RealReal, Venmo, and Yeahka. Our team has the privilege of partnering with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies.
We are excited to be hiring multiple Associates to join our early-stage Enterprise and Consumer teams. Associates at Greycroft play a critical role in:
- Identifying and evaluating potential investments in early-stage (Seed and Series A) companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Leading and documenting meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management, and co-investors
- Preparing investment memos, driving thematic research, and supporting new investment sourcing efforts
- Providing hands-on support to Greycroft portfolio companies in collaboration with our Platform team
- Representing Greycroft at industry events/conferences within the startup ecosystem
We invite candidates to indicate a preference for either Consumer or Enterprise on their applications. Our investment roles are location-agnostic between our offices in Los Angeles and New York City.
What We Look For
- Depending on relevancy, a minimum of 1–3 years of experience, including but not limited to investment banking, equity research, consulting, venture capital, private equity, technology, business/corporate development, or startups
- Authentic passion for technology and a deep respect for entrepreneurship
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as exceptional analytical ability
- Creative problem-solvers who thrive in unstructured environments
- Integrity, intellectual curiosity, humility, initiative, and a strong work ethic
What We Offer
- A collaborative, supportive, and entrepreneurial culture that values different perspectives and experiences
- Training, tools, and mentoring from seasoned investors to help you generate meaningful impact as part of our lean team
- An opportunity to develop relationships with inspiring entrepreneurs and executives across the ecosystem
- Market-competitive compensation and benefits including best-in-class health insurance and 401K matching
How to Apply
Please submit your application at this link before 5pm ET on Sunday, May 30th. Late submissions will not be accepted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
From the initial submissions, we will select a smaller group for phone interviews and then a set of finalists for Zoom meetings. We anticipate a start date of Q3 2021.
More About Greycroft
We partner with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies. We have deep experience investing in consumer and enterprise technology sectors around the globe and work as a team to support and advise entrepreneurs, empowering them to execute on their visions. We are currently pursuing investment opportunities across five sectors:
There’s a new, digitally native generation taking hold that refuses to accept the status quo. The ubiquity of audio and video, advancement of mobile devices, and rise of decentralized platforms are enabling a new breed of consumer experiences. We are excited to back the next wave of consumer internet companies and are looking for courageous founders who can positively impact consumers across the globe.
Breakout healthcare companies are increasingly exhibiting best practices from the consumer industry, whether their business models are B2C or B2B2C. We look to partner with teams building companies that prioritize patient experience, quality, and outcomes. We are also excited about the enabling technologies and infrastructure that will support the next wave of digital health startups.
Consumer Fintech & Insurtech
We are inspired by the innovation impacting consumers’ financial lives. Every aspect of the consumer fintech landscape is being disrupted, and as an investor at Greycroft, you will have the opportunity to partner with the most exciting entrepreneurs in this space. New technologies and applications are challenging and displacing the legacy brands by meeting consumers where they are and helping them achieve their personal financial goals. We look for companies across the globe delivering better user experiences, greater transparency, and financial well-being.
Our Enterprise team is proud to partner with founders building next-generation intelligent enterprise applications that enable decentralized operating models and leverage APIs to create a more effective, modular infrastructure. We believe that essential business processes like revenue and talent management, along with cross-functional communication, are the linchpins of industry leadership. We also believe that there are untapped opportunities in vertical software, particularly solutions purpose-built for under-tooled industries with system-of-record potential like logistics, industrials, and real estate.
Enterprise Fintech & Insurtech
Every company is becoming a fintech. We are looking to partner with founders that have built unique ways of productizing and distributing financial services, as well as the infrastructure to embed these services into any platform. We believe that winners in this space will leverage developer-friendly APIs to integrate their offerings, digitize manual workflows, and unlock new market segments by democratizing access across asset classes and services.
Greycroft is an equal employment opportunity employer. We foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Greycroft will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance and any other applicable federal, state, or local laws.