We are looking for an Associate to join our tight-knit enterprise investment team in Los Angeles. You must be passionate about not only helping to build companies, but also leveraging data to drive investment strategy and research. This role will incorporate significant big data analysis. For that reason, a technical skillset is preferred (not required). If you are excited about the intersection of data, early stage investing, and research, then we would love to hear from you!
This opening is for an Early Stage Investment Associate (pre-MBA). This is a 2 year position.
LOCATION: Los Angeles
We are also hiring a NYC-based Associate. Find more information here.
REPORTS TO: Partner
Greycroft is a seed-to-growth venture capital firm that partners with exceptional entrepreneurs to build the world’s most transformative companies. We have deep experience investing in consumer and enterprise technology sectors around the globe and work as a team to support and advise entrepreneurs, empowering them to execute on their vision. Greycroft manages over $1.8 billion in capital and has made over 200 investments, including Acorns, App Annie, Axios, Bird, Boxed, Braintree, Buddy Media, Huffington Post, Icertis, Plated, Scopely, Shipt, TheRealReal, Thrive Market, Trunk Club, and Venmo. For more information please visit http://www.greycroft.com.
- Evaluate potential investments in early stage companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis
- Research and distill data driven insights by leveraging our platform, network and independent research
- Assist in the preparation of fundraising documents, investment memos, and investor updates
- Manage/document meetings with entrepreneurs, portfolio company management meetings and general deal flow
- Represent Greycroft at industry events/conferences and support the local entrepreneurial community through active involvement
- Depending on relevancy, minimum of 1–3 years experience, including but not limited to, investment banking, management consulting, private equity, venture capital, technology, or startups (preferably in product management or engineering)
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages for data analysis and visualization
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong applied quantitative component (e.g. applied mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering, economics) or demonstrated self-taught technical proficiency
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Extraordinary attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Polished abilities with Excel and PowerPoint
- Authentic passion for technology industries and deep respect for entrepreneurship
- A demonstrated presence in the technology and startup community
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured environment with incomplete data
- Compensation is market-competitive
- This role is designed as a two-year position for pre-graduate school professionals
Please submit your short written answers along with your resume using the link below. These will be due by 5 PM PT on November 20, 2020. Late submissions will not be reviewed. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
From the initial submissions we select a smaller group for telephone interviews and then a set of finalists for in-person meetings. We expect the process to be finished by mid-winter, and candidates should be available to start work soon thereafter.
Here are the questions:
Question 1: Why are you interested in the associate role at Greycroft? [max 1000 characters]
Question 2: What is an early-stage company Greycroft should evaluate for investment (less than $20MM of capital already invested) and why do you find it interesting? [max 2000 characters]
Please submit your written answers to the above via this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScluAd8z8KlXbNXsshqBnFegdb1SPawgo_zYeQ6MJ17rRVAyw/viewform?pli=1
Greycroft LP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.