Grand Ventures is hiring an Analyst or Associate to join our team. We are looking for candidates with a passion for venture capital, the analytical skills to lead due diligence processes, the confidence to articulate opinions on prospective investments, and a willingness to work on a wide array of tasks. As a key member of the investment team, they will actively participate in all stages of the investment process and have a seat at the table in making investment decisions. Additionally, the candidate will play a key role in implementing internal projects to further position the firm for growth and success.
By joining Grand Ventures, this individual will receive the mentorship needed to further their knowledge of venture capital and gain conviction in evaluating investment opportunities. We are looking for someone with a growth mindset who shows potential to evolve alongside the firm.
Prior investment and venture capital experience are not required, but helpful. The Analyst versus Associate title will be determined by the candidate’s skills and prior experience. An Analyst will have at least 2 years of business-related experience and 0-3 years of venture capital experience. An Associate will have a minimum of 3 years of venture capital experience.
This is a full-time role with some travel requirements (<20%). This role will be located in our Grand Rapids, MI office for at least the first 2 years. Candidates must be based in Grand Rapids or willing to relocate to the area. As the candidate grows in the role and gains more experience in venture capital, the option to relocate to one of Grand Ventures’ target investment regions can be considered.
– Sourcing and research: identify high potential startups and help the team understand new sectors and trends.
– Manage deal pipeline: organize deal pipeline, manage CRM, and create reports to help the team prioritize and focus on the most promising opportunities.
– Due diligence: complete all stages of the due diligence process, including introductory calls with founders, market research, data requests, building financial models, startup customer interviews, deal negotiations, and legal review.
– Support portfolio companies: provide operational support to our portfolio companies by pitching in with everything from connecting founders to prospective customers and advisors to driving strategic internal discussions.
– Community building: participate in events, conferences, and demo days in order to grow our network of founders and co-investors.
– Internal operations: support the team in a variety of tasks, including reporting to Limited Partners, original content creation, portfolio construction analysis, and leading internal projects to improve Grand Ventures operations.
This job is a fit for you if you have:
– Excellent written and verbal communication;
– Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail;
– Project management skills and self-organization to execute on concurrent projects;
– Self-motivation to work independently;
– Charisma and aptitude for building strong relationships;
– Courage to challenge the status quo;
– Humility, growth mindset, and inclination for learning;
– Familiarity with venture capital financing structures and practices (nice to have).
– Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience, preferably in venture capital, private equity, investment banking, consulting or startup operations.
– Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Google Suite.
– Bachelors’ degree; MBA is a bonus.
– Ability to work in Grand Rapids, MI.
– Sector experience in Supply Chain & Logistics, DevOps, Fintech, or Digital Health is a bonus.
If interested, please apply here.