Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
More About This Job
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Digital Assets is a multi-disciplinary team within our Global Markets Division focused on the defining and executing Goldman Sachs’ distributed ledger technology (DLT) and blockchain efforts firmwide, including any potential initiatives in the cryptocurrency space.
We cover a wide spectrum of initiatives in the digital space and offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with a balance of strategy and execution, alongside interaction with teams across Goldman Sachs and external players in this space.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to play an integral part in defining and executing the firm’s digital assets strategy, while providing ample opportunities to continue growing a broad skillset at the forefront of innovation in financial markets.
Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Work as an integral member of the team with a primary focus on the timely execution of new activity in the digital assets space
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the firm to understand their businesses and identify opportunities where blockchain / distributed ledger technology / digital assets can add value
- Manage initiatives from ideation, strategy definition, testing, and execution using the latest thinking and tools
- Develop and manage relationships with counterparts across the space to stay on top of industry developments
- Represent the firm externally with other banks, FinTechs, vendors and technology companies in the development of new digital solutions
- Represent the firm with trade associations and provide our collective view on key focus areas
- Develop a deep understanding of various digital assets technologies and associated partners to identify collaboration opportunities
- At least 3 years working within financial services, technology, or in a strategy consulting role
- Passionate about the potential of blockchain / distributed ledger technology / digital assets (and preferably experience of working in this space)
- Keen interest in the financial markets and specifically the use of technology to change how markets operate today
- Motivated team player who can adapt and contribute in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven ability to interact, influence, and develop relationships at all levels / functions within the organization
- Proven ability to transform ambiguous and unstructured ideas into a structured path forward to drive commercial opportunities for the firm
- Track record of effectively managing multiple projects at the same time and ability to balance innovative / strategic focus with tactical implementation / execution
About Goldman Sachs
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We’re committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// http://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
If interested, please apply here.