Are you looking to further your career in venture at one of the fastest growing funds in B2B SaaS? Do you want a high amount of responsibility and autonomy while collaborating on some of the most exciting investment deals on the market right now?
We’re looking for a Venture Associate to join our team and help us find and invest in the top early-stage companies out there. Our B2B SaaS fund and accelerator has been around for 7+ years and our track record is incredible, and only getting better. This is an amazing chance to join a small, growing investment team with the infrastructure and resources to drive deal flow, make investments hand in hand with our partners across both our pre-seed and seed funds, and catapult your career by playing a crucial role in sourcing, evaluating and closing 100+ investments per year.
As a member of our investment team, you will assist in all aspects of our investment process, including sourcing and evaluating investment opportunities, conducting market research, and assisting in the due diligence process. In addition, you will be building and maintaining relationships with our portfolio founders, investors, and the broader startup ecosystem.
The top priorities of this role:
- Deal pipeline management – screen inbound deal flow, review applications and take first calls with founders.
- Manage an outbound deal flow process and identify potential investment opportunities to reach out to.
- Cultivate relationships with founders, angels, pre-seed and seed funds, startup communities and industry leaders, in order to source prospective investments.
- Prepare internal investment memos and perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities, including analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscapes.
- Build and maintain relationships and actively track early stage founders ahead of potential financing events.
Who you are:
- Deeply passionate about venture capital and startups, with an empathy for the founder journey.
- Possess strong communication, analytical, and strategic reasoning skills.
- Highly motivated and a self starter who loves the hustle of sourcing in early stage venture and evaluating a high volume of deals.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with high integrity, a strong work ethic and takes a lot of pride in their work
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, critical thinking and attention to detail.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Carried interest in the fund
Who we are :
Forum Ventures is the leading early-stage fund, program and community for B2B SaaS startups. Founded in 2014, we’re on a mission to make the B2B SaaS journey easier, more accessible and successful for early-stage founders, through pre-seed and seed-stage funding, high touch programming, corporate perks and introductions, and an active SaaS community. Forum Ventures has invested in 200+ companies that have gone on to raise $300M+ in follow-on funding from funds like a16z, CRV, NEA, Menlo Ventures, True Ventures, Founders Fund, SV Angel, Salesforce Ventures and many more.
If you’re interested in the role, please apply below.
Forum Venture recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status’ as required by applicable law.
Our dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, equity and inclusion is more than a commitment – it is the foundation of what we do. We strongly encourage people from ALL backgrounds to apply to this position
If interested, please apply here.