Forté Ventures is recruiting an Associate to join its investment team starting in summer 2021. The Associate will work closely with the firm’s investment and operations teams across deal sourcing, investment diligence, portfolio company support, and firm operations. Every day will be different, but the Associate will employ and further develop a wide variety of analytical, strategic thinking, and communications skills while being exposed to emerging technologies, innovative business models, and the business of venture capital. The right candidate can be based in either of the Forté Ventures offices in Atlanta or Silicon Valley.
About Forté Ventures:
Forté Ventures is a multi-stage venture capital firm investing alongside leading Corporate VCs (“CVCs”) in technology and tech-enabled businesses located across the U.S. and Canada. Forté Ventures’ unique strategy is based on the belief that that the right corporate strategic investors can act as a force multiplier for startups’ growth. The team simultaneously focuses on helping entrepreneurs navigate the complexities of corporate investment and on serving as trusted partners to institutional and corporate strategic syndicate partners. Originally founded in 2012, the firm has offices in Atlanta and Silicon Valley. The Forté Ventures team currently consists of 6 full-time investment and operations professionals and is further supported by an extensive network of Venture Partners and Advisors with decades of experience as investors, executives, and technologists.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Source new deals, evaluate potential investments, perform due diligence activities, and assist the broader team on closing investments. Over time, as the Associate gains experience, autonomy and responsibility to manage deals will grow.
- Support our portfolio companies and management teams across a variety of projects and initiatives. Past examples have included developing a go-to-market strategy, evaluating acquisition targets, analyzing exit scenarios, and assisting in recruiting and hiring.
- Assist with investor relations and fundraising activities, including preparing materials for investors, interacting with Limited Partners, and contributing to fundraising efforts.
- Work on additional internal initiatives and projects, including improving and managing the firm’s deal processes and assisting with public relations, branding, and website design.
- 1-4 years experience in consulting, investment banking, entrepreneurship, or technology
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking ability, and financial acumen
- Exceptional writing ability
- Demonstrable interest in investing, technology, innovation, and startups
- Ability to work independently, manage responsibilities, and produce high-quality work with an attention to detail
- Confidence when communicating ideas and concepts
- Comfort working in a small and highly collaborative team
If interested, please apply here.