FinTech Collective is a global venture capital firm backing entrepreneurs who are rewiring the way money moves through the world. The firm invests in traditional fintech and digital assets. Founded in 2012, the firm has deep experience investing across capital markets, wealth management, banking, lending, payments, insurance, and digital assets. The managing partners of FinTech Collective met in their mid 20’s and helped build, scale and sell four fintech businesses generating over $1.5 billion of shareholder value.
Backed by some of the world’s leading institutional investors and tier-one financial institutions, FinTech Collective has already invested in 57 portfolio companies. Notable investments include Anyfin (Stockholm), Axoni (NYC), Centrifuge (Berlin), Flutterwave (Lagos), IMMO Capital (London), Minu (Mexico City), MoneyLion (NYC), NYDIG (NYC), Ocrolus (NYC), Quovo (NYC, acquired by Plaid), Rainbow Wallet (NYC), UMA (NYC), Vestwell (NYC) and Willa (Stockholm / LA).
Opportunity:FinTech Collective is seeking an Associate to join its investment team and be an integral part of a leading early-stage global venture capital firm. This is an opportunity to work in a highly entrepreneurial environment with individuals who are passionate about finding and collaborating with talented entrepreneurs to turn their ideas into reality. Individuals who would thrive in our environment demonstrate a strong work ethic, self-motivation, intellectual curiosity, emotional intelligence and humility. They also take their work seriously but know how to have fun along the way. We run ourselves like a start-up which means the culture is relaxed but hard working – humble, but direct.
The Associate will be an integral member of the investment team and will work on the full lifecycle of an investment from evaluating opportunities, conducting diligence, closing transactions and working with portfolio companies. The Associate will also work closely with members of the team to manage deal sourcing and pipeline, portfolio data and valuation, and investor requests. Lastly, the Associate will serve as a representative of the firm in the venture community.
This will be a full-time, paid position based in New York City.
- Review and screen prospective investment opportunities, including meeting with entrepreneurs and sourcing deals independently
- Represent FinTech Collective in the venture / startup ecosystem by building relationships that help to strengthen and deepen our network amongst entrepreneurs, VCs, advisors, and the broader fintech community
- Work closely with the investment team to assist in diligence of investment opportunities
- Assist in deal negotiations, legal documentation and closing of transactions
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of Investment Recommendations to the firm’s Executive Committee
- Assist in portfolio management including working with portfolio companies where needed, tracking operational and financial performance, and assisting in quarterly valuations
- Assist the team in ongoing thesis development, tracking relevant trends and conducting in depth market research and analysis
- Support the firm’s weekly fintech newsletter, read by over 15,000 subscribers
- 1-5 years of work experience ideally at an investment bank, consulting firm, PE/VC firm and/or startup
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Highly analytical with strong financial analysis skills, including modeling and the ability to understand key drivers and assumptions
- High degree of emotional and intellectual intelligence, intellectual curiosity, humility and team-oriented focus
- Self-starting, ambitious, ready to make a mark
- Track record of demonstrating strong performance, commitment and leadership in previous endeavors
- Has worked on fun, interesting, possibly quirky side projects involving technology
We will be accepting applications until October 1st, after which we will start reaching out to candidates.
FinTech Collective is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
If interested, please apply here.