Founded in 2017, Fernbrook invests in fast-growing tech-enabled brands and enterprise services, tools, and software that power the consumer industry. We leverage our deep operating and investment expertise to identify and support breakthrough technologies and brands. We help our companies scale by assisting with go-to-market strategy, business and human capital development, capital introductions. Representative investments include Ten Thousand, Lily AI, Maisonette, and Westman Atelier.
As an Associate on Fernbrook’s investment team, you will work closely with senior team members and will receive significant deal evaluation and execution responsibility. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing investment firm at an exciting stage of its development. You will be involved in investment sourcing, analysis, due diligence, documentation, and fund operations.
Partners are located in NYC and CA, and we are looking to bring a full-time analyst to support the team.
Position: Associate (Full-time)
Location: New York, NY
Start Date: Summer 2021
- Build financial models and conduct valuation analyses
- Own the end to end audit process
- Support investment teams by assessing investment opportunities
- Conduct company and industry due diligence
- Write investment theses and create detailed reports on performance trends to share with investors
- Create and send communications (including newsletters) to prospective investors and manage the firm’s CRM
- Support firm operations: This includes overseeing deal flow pipeline, preparing reports for investors, managing firm calendar, and organizing firm documents
- Partner with the firm’s portfolio companies in assessing business strategy and ad-hoc project support as needed
- Manage social media presence across core channels
We’re Looking For Someone With
- 1-2+ years of work experience in investment banking, venture capital, or private equity
- Exceptional financial modeling, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on powerpoint presentations
- The ability to operate effectively with limited supervision
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relevant contacts
- Desire to join a small team with a “startup” environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional maturity in a demanding work environment
If this sounds like a fit, please email your resume and a cover letter to Bill@Fernbrookmgmt.com. We look forward to hearing from you!