FCA Venture Partners is a venture capital firm investing in early-stage healthcare technology and technology-enabled healthcare services companies that improve patient care, reduce costs, and increase efficiency. FCA manages over $200M and invests across the Series Seed to Series B stages. Our firm brings portfolio companies valuable healthcare insights, connections, and board-level experience to accelerate growth and build disruptive and sustainable businesses. Based in Nashville, the epicenter of healthcare innovation, our team has a decades-long track record including more than 60 investments in the rapidly changing healthcare industry.
The Associate would join the investment team and work with the team in the following areas:
- Develop a clear understanding of FCA’s investment strategy and philosophies to identify ideal investment opportunities
- Identify potential investment opportunities through network development and establish routine communication with sources
- Identify and develop reporting process on trends, themes, and innovation
- Build a network of analysts & associates at other funds to strengthen FCA’s brand and deal flow
- Participate in pitch calls with founders and help lead the follow-up communication process
- Manage deal tracking using our CRM software, Affinity
- Help coordinate internal meetings supporting deal analysis and due diligence
- Perform financial analysis on investment opportunities
- Analyze market opportunities, competitive landscape, and validate product market fit through leading healthcare organizations
- Work alongside investment team to draft Investment Committee Memoranda
- Manage and coordinate third-party due diligence activities
- Manage due diligence information flow and communicate key findings to the investment team
- Conduct market research to support deal sourcing and evaluation (market maps, market sizing, market segmentation, competitive landscapes, etc.)
- Support the diligence process for new and follow-on investments
- Manage quarterly LP reports (collect financials, draft one-pagers)
- Make edits to investor materials in support of the fundraise process
- Maintain fund performance data and make updates as needed to fundraising materials
- Draft materials for and participate in quarterly sharing calls with strategic limited partners
Portfolio Company Support:
- Track and manage portfolio company financial information and key performance indicators
- Support and participate in portfolio company board of directors’ meetings
- Handle ad hoc portfolio company projects
- Maintain records of stock certificates in Carta and Box
- Help maintain and edit company capitalization tables
We are looking for candidates who have:
- 0-2 years of work experience, preferably with a startup, financial or consulting firm, healthcare company or similar
- a demonstrated curiosity, passion, and initiative for learning new things
- interest and ability to develop relationships with peers, management teams, and investors
- financial and analytical skills
Why you should want to work here:
- This is a unique opportunity to join a venture capital firm that is mission-driven and focused on investing in companies improving the healthcare system.
- You will quickly develop a network of other investors and entrepreneurs across the country, a valuable skill set that will benefit you for the rest of your career.
- You will work closely with our investment team, which has decades of both entrepreneurial and investing experience.
- We view this role as an entry-level position with the ability to become a long-term career opportunity as part of our investment team.
- This role will be in person in our office in Brentwood, TN.
The Hiring Process
- We will begin accepting applications for this position beginning April 1, 2022. Please apply on LinkedIn via this link:https://www.linkedin.com/company/fcavp/
- We will review applications and reach out to selected candidates for initial interviews.
- We will select top candidates coming out of the initial interviews, who will be assigned two investment themes and will present to a few members of our investment team.
- We will select top candidates coming out of these presentations to perform due diligence and prepare an investment analysis on a prospective investment, and present that analysis to our entire investment team.
- We will conduct final interviews and have an outside consultant perform personality assessments on final candidates before making an offer.
If interested, please apply here.