As the tech firm that created the mobile world, and with more than 54,000 patents to our name, we’ve made it our business to make a mark. When joining our team at Ericsson you are empowered to learn, lead and perform at your best, shaping the future of technology. This is a place where you’re welcomed as your own perfectly unique self, and celebrated for the skills, talent, and perspective you bring to the team. Are you in?
Come, and be where it begins.
Our Exciting Opportunity!
We are looking to expand our corporate venture capital team (www.ericsson.com/ventures) with an Investment Associate that will be involved in all stages of the corporate venture capital process: crafting of investment theses, deal sourcing, deal execution, and portfolio management. At Ericsson Ventures our mandate is to blend financial and strategic objectives as we continue to build our portfolio of exciting startup companies.
In this role, You will:
- Help craft investment theses in target sectors relevant to Ericsson, incl next-gen networking and computing, 5G, AI/ML, cybersecurity, robotics, etc; and build comprehensive taxonomies within these sectors (researching all participating companies, both startups and large corporates)
- Meet with startups, large corporates, and other VC firms
- Interview technical and business experts in relevant sectors
- Work closely with portfolio companies in all aspects of the business, including participation in board meetings
- Assist current and prospective portfolio companies with business development within Ericsson
- Build and maintain a relevant network within Ericsson to disseminate insights gained from CVC activities
- Drive due diligence process (incl market and financial analyses) and assist with writing investment memoranda and other internal documents
To be successful in the role you must have:
- Undergraduate degree from a leading institution (technology background preferred)
- Technical advanced degree and/or MBA preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in venture capital, management consulting, investment banking, or corporate development
What´s in it for you?
Here at Ericsson, our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions. With us, you will no longer be dreaming of what the future holds – you will be redefining it. You won’t develop for the status quo but will build what replaces it. Joining us is a way to move your career in any direction you want; with hundreds of career opportunities in locations all over the world, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded into the walls. You will find yourself in a speak-up environment where empathy and humanness serve as cornerstones for how we work, and where work-life balance is a priority. Welcome to an inclusive, global company where your chance to create an impact is endless.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position, and may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/Disabled/Veterans. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
If interested, please apply here.