We are looking to add to our team at Equal! We are excited for the future of the firm and at the forefront of our success will be the team members that comprise Equal. We can only go as far as the people on our team, which is why we are looking to bring on an Associate to support us on our new investments and help us to better support our portfolio and founders.
About The Role:
Equal Ventures is looking to bring on an Associate to focus on researching industry themes, sourcing opportunities, analyzing investments and working alongside our founders. This role will primarily function as a generalist, evaluating new market opportunities as they arise across our sector focus areas. The Associate will be an integral part of our team, working closely with the founding partners and other team members to support our investments activity across the portfolio. This role is open to Pre or Post MBA candidates.
- 2-3+ years of experience working in strategy consulting, equity research, or private equity; or if from a different background an ability to analyze markets, industries and/or companies
- Intellectually Curious – Insatiable thirst for knowledge on how / why things work
- Passionate – Obsessed with startups and the overall venture ecosystem
- Professional – Takes immense pride in the detail, thoroughness, accuracy, and overall quality of their work.
- Self-directed – Works with team members to complete tasks without someone looking over their shoulder
- Networked – Able to plug into startup communities and access high-potential founders/VCs. Capable of engaging and developing relationships with industry leaders, founders, and investors operating as an ambassador of the Equal brand.
- Friendly – We like nice people, no egos
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: Generalist Associate) with your LinkedIn profile and/or resume, along with brief responses to the following:
- What are you hoping to get out of this opportunity?
- What are areas (i.e. sectors/themes) are you interested in investing in? Why? (This is meant to be an open-ended question)
- What are two seed-stage opportunities (that have raised less than $4M to date) that you think Equal should be looking at as a potential investment?
- Please give an example where you have used data, research and/or analysis to come to a contrarian (non-widely held) belief?
- What do you like to read or listen to? This could include books, podcasts, blogs, newsletters, journals, magazines, etc.
- What is something you are personally passionate about outside of work?
The role is based in New York City. If we feel that you could be a fit, we’ll reach out to you within 2 weeks of your application.
Overview of Equal Ventures:
Equal Ventures invests in founders and businesses transforming legacy markets. Equal applies in-depth research to identify, evaluate and add value to a highly concentrated portfolio of early-stage companies. Equal is backed by some of the industry’s leading operators, founders, GPs and institutions.