We are currently seeking a full-time Associate for our Investment Team based in Edison’s Princeton, New Jersey office. Edison invests in software and tech-enabled services companies in B2B and B2C categories across Fintech (including payments, capital markets, regtech, wealth/investment management, insurtech, banking, among others) and Enterprise Solutions (including cloud infrastructure, data & analytics, IoT, sales & marketing, supply chain, healthcare, among others).
- Source, pre-qualify, and evaluate investment opportunities that match Edison’s investment strategy
- Originate investment opportunities and systematic deal flow through outreach, primary research, thematic investing, and network referrals
- Cultivate and expand referral sources, including bankers and lawyers
- Propose investment candidates and conduct detailed investment and financial analysis for the Investment Team’s review
- Participate in due diligence for priority deals
- Conduct market and industry research
- Represent Edison at technology and industry conferences and other networking events
- Special projects that utilize your business and technology experience, on which you may work with Edison investment professionals, the Edge team members, Edison Director Network members, portfolio company management, and consultants
Ideal candidates will have an undergraduate degree, and at least 2-3 years of experience working in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, management consulting with a technology focus, and/or with a startup or growth-stage technology company. We’re looking for professionals with not only financial chops, but also business maturity, strong interpersonal skills and salesmanship. A large portion of the role involves finding viable investment candidates, intelligently talking to CEOs and “selling” Edison’s value add. You should be someone who:
- Thrives on making new connections and exchanging ideas
- Keeps abreast of the latest technology trends and can speak to a few specific areas of interest
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for startup culture and respect for entrepreneurship
- Takes initiative to problem-solve and bring new ideas to the table
- Understands financial statement analysis and modeling
- Has polished Excel and PowerPoint skills
As an Associate, you will report directly to a Vice President. However, you will work directly with partners and other senior investment professionals on investment opportunities and thesis development.
Compensation includes base salary paid on a monthly basis with a variable component tied to performance. Full-time Associates are awarded a partnership interest (carried interest), which is subject to a vesting schedule. Over time, additional grants of carried interest is possible based on performance.
Please include cover letter and resume when applying.
IF interested, please apply here.