At DVx, we’re on a mission to create a company that creates great companies to positively impact our society and planet.
We build companies primarily based on our own ideas and with our infrastructure and initial teams. We follow a repeatable process — defining a hypothesis, researching and testing it vigorously, assembling the world class team to build a product, iterating the solution to find product-market and go-to-market fit, and then hatching and scaling breakthrough businesses.
As such, we can grow businesses faster and have a much higher success rate. Our team is led by serial entrepreneurs with proven, full-stage track records of changing the velocity of company trajectories.
90%+ of early stage businesses fail. To maximize our chances of success, we focus on building teams made up of the best of the best. A team that works together as an All-Star team, not just a team of All-Stars. With limited spots on our roster, we take every hire we make very seriously.
The Associate will be a key contributor to the DVx team, working across each of the phases of our repeatable process. They will be responsible for evaluating new ideas, working alongside our partners to quickly build a perspective on their size and fit with DVx approach. They will contribute deeply to the hard work of researching prioritized concepts and building go/no-go investment cases for them. They will also contribute to the development of our commercialization methodologies – building on existing startup and venture frameworks and our unique perspective gained from the dozens of startup experiences of our leadership team.
This position can be based in Boston or the SF Bay Area. We will be in-office 2-3 days weekly with optional work from home for other 2-3 days
Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Conduct diligence evaluations on investment verticals and new business ideas
- Explore potential technical and business model solutions to consumer frictions within target verticals through expert interviews, market research, and consumer surveys
- Develop the investment case for business concepts and deliver to our Internal Investment Committee
- Partner closely with portfolio companies on projects to support their ability to rapidly scale, especially on topics of commercialization and business strategy
- Support the development and documentation of the DVx venturing process – especially our market diligence, idea formation, and portfolio management methodologies
- Work in parallel across multiple projects concurrently – hitting commitments while responding to urgent needs (‘working at two speeds’)
- 2-5 years of professional experience in investment banking, PE/VC, management consulting, technology companies or startups
- Practical problem solving mindset – uses a structured approach to identify, correctly frame and analyze to the essential, actionable insights
- Experience being part of a high-performance team
- Proven track record of success with demonstrated world-class outcomes
- Effective communicator (both verbal and written); comfortable in executive-level business discussions and decision-making forums.
- Willing to take appropriate risk (have done so and can show it, have experienced failure)
- Agile (have shown impact in high growth contexts with lack of business model definition)
- Humble and hungry in the face of ambiguity
- Willing to roll up sleeves and do the hard work
- Scrappy and creative in pursuit of a solution
- Be fun to work with
If interested, please apply here.