DN Capital is one of Europe’s most successful Venture Capital funds, having backed businesses such as Auto1, GoStudent, Shazam, Hometogo and Remitly. We invest in early stage businesses across Europe and the United States, with a focus on Software, Marketplaces, Consumer and FinTech.
Our work environment is fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and fun. We’re looking for a highly independent and motivated individual to join the DN deal team in our Berlin office as an Associate, covering the DACH region; as well as 1-2 of our sector verticals.
Your role within the firm
- Build relationships with entrepreneurs and co-investors in your focus geography
- Systematically and proactively identify potential investment opportunities
- Drive our thinking in technologies that you believe have the potential to disrupt
- Track and push forward the deal flow generated by our team
- Drive due diligence processes and critically evaluate management teams, market opportunities, as well as technical and financial aspects of investment opportunities
- Analyze complex capital structures, value startups, build financial models to forecast investment returns, and compile and present investment memos to the investment committee
- Support deal execution including oversight of legal matters
- Support the senior team with their board governance tasks and help monitor operating milestones in the investment portfolio as well as performance vs. expectations
- Identify and facilitate partnership opportunities between portfolio companies
- Support portfolio companies in strategic and operating matters on an ad-hoc basis
What we are looking for
- Analytical, humble and pragmatic people with a can-do attitude
- Passion for and strong knowledge of technology and startups
- Excellent academic track record
- 2-4 years previous work experience in the fields of Entrepreneurship, M&A, or Strategy Consulting
- Languages: Flawless English, both spoken and written, and proficiency in the language of your focus geography
If Interested, please apply here.