DivcoWest’s venture capital group invests in early- and growth-stage technology companies that are transforming the future of real estate and the urban environment. We are part of DivcoWest, a vertically integrated real estate investment firm with 25+ years of investing experience, primarily focused on office, R&D, and lab properties across the top U.S. innovation markets. We have been investing in market leading proptech startups since 2014, including HqO, Honest Buildings (acquired by Procore), Mynd, Kitchen United, Matterport, etc. and are growing the team to continue building upon our track record. DivcoWest partners with founders to unlock access to key customers/partners across the real estate industry and accelerate growth.
We are looking to hire a VC Associate that is passionate about our mission and excited to be a part of our growing team. You will get exposure to all aspects of the venture investment process, from sourcing to conducting due diligence and supporting portfolio companies. You’ll get the opportunity to engage with numerous high growth startups, sophisticated investors and experienced real estate professionals as you develop your skillset and build your track record.
Interested applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Screen attractive investment opportunities and manage deal flow pipeline
- Perform comprehensive due diligence on potential investment targets to inform investment decisions
- Perform in depth industry research and produce written analysis utilized by investment team to generate and refine investment theses
- Synthesize research and due diligence into compelling investment memos
- Support portfolio companies with market insights and strategic introductions
- Manage portfolio company reporting and fund reporting processes
- Attend industry events/conferences and engage with the startup community
- Support internal operations and develop systems to improve efficiency
- Minimum of 2–4 years of relevant experience, including but not limited to venture capital, private equity, investment banking, management consulting, technology, or startups
- Knowledge of the construction and real estate industries preferred
- Demonstrated passion for technology industries and entrepreneurship
- Outstanding analytical skills and experience with financial modeling and technology company valuation techniques (comfort with Excel)
- Experience with and passion for networking and building relationships with entrepreneurs, investors, senior executives and industry experts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (comfort with Powerpoint)
- Excellent strategic-thinking skills and business judgment
- Ability to work effectively on a team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Self-starter that is enthusiastic to operate with lots of autonomy
- Unquestionable integrity, strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States
- Competitive compensation and benefits
DivcoWest is known for its deep, long-standing relationships and experience in growth markets where innovation thrives. The firm combines entrepreneurial spirit with an institutional mindset to deliver real estate solutions and investment vehicles across the risk-spectrum to the world’s most forward-thinking companies and investors. As a steward of quality commercial real estate assets, DivcoWest believes in creating and sustaining environments that inspire ingenuity, promote growth, and enhance health and well-being, with the ultimate goal of providing the humans in its buildings the space to live, work, play and breathe.
DivcoWest is a vertically integrated institutional real estate investment firm headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Los Angeles, Menlo Park, Boston, Washington DC and New York City. Since its founding in 1993, the firm has acquired and improved almost 50 million square feet of quality commercial space, mostly in the United States, and grown total assets under management to $13 billion. DivcoWest’s institutional portfolio includes existing and development office, R&D, lab, logistics, retail and multifamily properties providing creative environments and infrastructure to innovative companies in most sectors of the economy including the life science, technology and financial services sectors. For more: http://www.divcowest.com.