Deutsche Bank has an immediate opening in Silicon Valley for an associate in the Corporate Venture Capital (CVC) team. You will ideally have extensive experience in venture capital, investment banking, or with a management consulting firm. Working with a cross-functional team, you will be responsible for identifying new investments through a thematic-driven approach, performing investment analysis, supporting deal processes, and portfolio business development. You must have the ability to work independently and proactively to deliver superior results in a small-team environment.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Source new investment opportunities and themes by conducting market research and identify themes that are aligned with Deutsche Bank’s strategic priorities through direct outreach, strategic partners, and existing ecosystem relationships
- Support all aspects of investment process of leading key aspects of diligence on opportunities and deal processes (e.g. tax, legal, valuation etc.), prepare investment memos and other discussion materials for investment committee
- Assisting portfolio business development through monitoring and support of portfolio companies, post-investment. Utilize Deutsche Bank’s internal and external networks to generate value creating opportunities for portfolio companies
- Supporting investment portfolio performance oversight by contributing to portfolio reporting processes and presentations. Organizing quarterly events/ educational content to foster engagement with early stage startups
Your Skills and Experience:
- Relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm, investment bank, operating experience either at a technology company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Strong interpersonal, writing, technical and presentation skills, with strong comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions
- Passion for disruptive technologies and demonstrable understanding of broader financial services
- Highly collaborative with a proven ability to work as a team player and cross-functionally with other teams and stakeholders
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
If interested, please apply here.