Connecticut Innovations, Inc. (“CI”), Connecticut’s strategic venture capital arm, is looking for an experienced bioscience investment associate (“Investment Associate”) to join our team in developing, investing in, and managing an early-stage life sciences portfolio.
As the state’s venture capital arm and one of the most active investors on the eastern seaboard, CI will provide valuable venture experience in a unique, innovative work environment. CI has a growing portfolio of ~250 companies across various industries, with great strength in life sciences, including early investments in Nasdaq-traded Biohaven, Arvinas, Sema4 and RallyBio. CI meets with hundreds of companies every year, identifying the most promising early-stage companies looking to grow in the state. Every year, CI invests in 20+ new companies, in addition to providing follow-on capital to more than 50 existing portfolio companies. CI’s headquarters location is in New Haven, with additional offices in Hartford and Stamford.
CI Investment Associates play a key role in executing our investment strategy through research of promising technology markets and companies. They also participate in all phases of the investment process including due diligence, meetings with management, focused company and industry research, financial modeling, writing investment recommendations, and supporting CI portfolio companies as board observers.
Position responsibilities include:
- Prospecting for new investment opportunities
- Screening and analysis of potential investments
- Conducting due diligence and competitive analysis
- Financial modeling and valuation analysis, collaborating with and supporting other members of the venture capital team
- Preparing reports and proposals regarding potential investments and portfolio companies
- Presenting investments for approval to CI advisory committees and committees of the CI Board of Directors
- Assisting in identification of strategic, marketing and partnering opportunities for portfolio companies
- Master’s degree in science and up to five (5) years of experience in life sciences
- Business development/commercialization experience in a high growth, entrepreneurial, biotechnology or pharmaceutical companies, or in bioscience venture capital firms, is preferred
- Startup experience is preferred
- A Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) degree or PhD may be substituted for one (1) additional year of the general experience, and is a plus
- Knowledge of financial statements
- Knowledge of business plans, financial and legal documents
- Strong oral and written communication skills
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
Closing Date: October 31, 2021, or until a qualified candidate is identified
If interested, please apply here.