Comcast Ventures invests in tech start-ups to support their growth, and to drive both financial and strategic returns for Comcast. Comcast Ventures typically invests in earlier-stage start-ups and looks to actively partner with entrepreneurs over the lifetime of their business, for example through introductions, channel relationships, the provision of data, technical expertise, or marketing insight and support. As part of our investment thesis we look to leverage the strategic assets of Comcast and NBC (cable TV, theme parks, sports teams, SMB business services, movie studios) to create valuable opportunities for our portfolio companies.
Comcast Ventures is hiring an Associate to join the New York office. The Associate will be expected to source new deals, evaluate potential investments and work with existing portfolio companies. We want to work with people who can think analytically, demonstrate great business judgment, communicate effectively and above all are passionate about working with entrepreneurs and growing businesses.
An Associate is responsible for deal sourcing, data management, and investment analysis, and plays a critical role in diligence management and investment thesis development. Investment areas of focus include (but are not limited to): energy; health tech; real estate; future of work; fintech; security; data management; and machine learning and compute.
- Sourcing compelling investment opportunities
- Assessment of company materials to determine business model viability, industry attractiveness and strategic fit
- Leading key elements of the due diligence process
- Modeling financial returns
- Drafting term sheets
- Industry and market analysis
- Working with existing portfolio companies and fund investments.
- Candidates should possess two or more years of investment banking, consulting, private equity or venture capital experience.
- The individual must be highly motivated, have strong business judgment and command the ability to work individually or in small teams.
- Ideal candidates will have prior technology or entrepreneurial experience, be comfortable with complex analysis, and have strong strategic thinking, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are necessary to communicate effectively with portfolio company leaders, senior Comcast executives, and outside advisors.
- Evaluate venture capital investments.
- Regular outreach and networking with the entrepreneurial and venture capital ecosystem.
- Develop investment theses around sectors of interest
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees At All Levels Are Expected To
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
If interested, please apply here.