We are a new growth equity firm focused on investing in extraordinary entrepreneurs and companies. Clerisy was founded in 2020 by two seasoned female executives with complementary skillsets and perspectives: Lisa Myers lends decades of experience investing in global consumer public and private markets; Alexandra Wilkis Wilson brings her success as a notable three-time founder, brand builder and operator.
We have sourced capital from family offices and high net worth individuals looking for compelling investment opportunities in the consumer and techsumer segments. We have created a unique ecosystem that delivers alignment between investors, investment teams and founders, and generates strong deal flow.As a fund, we are committed to delivering superior returns by partnering closely and sharing 20+ years of experience and an extraordinary global network with our entrepreneurs and investors.
Role Overview: Who You Are
The Associate role at Clerisy is a unique opportunity for someone who has previously worked at a junior level in investment banking followed by 2-3 years in either private equity or venture capital at an established firm. Our Associate will be given the opportunity to thrive in a small team in a more entrepreneurial environment where the lean structure will present an opportunity to stretch and grow without limitation.
The Associate must have a strong base in financial analysis and should love to build models and analyze data. The Associate will play a central role in doing critical analysis and due diligence required to develop deep conviction and make new investments. This is a special opportunity for someone who wants to have impact and drive major investment decisions, participate in meetings with innovative high growth consumer companies while working in a unique, supportive and collaborative culture.
The Associate will partner with the fund’s two Partners and Vice President on all aspects of the business. Clerisy seeks an individual striving to be part of a dynamic and collaborative culture. One team on all investments. No internal competition.
Role Specifics: What You Will Do
The Associate will be involved with the evaluation of new investment opportunities and portfolio management. Specific activities may include the following:
· Deal Due Diligence: The Associate will play a vital role in vetting and assessing all investment opportunities – from initial calls with founders through early decisions to pursue further diligence. The Associate, together with the Vice President, will liaise with the company to request and review all materials required for thorough due diligence of new investments. He/she will focus on financial analysis, model building, industry research, as well as helping to identify and/or work with key consultants and external advisors who may assist with other aspects of the due diligence process.
· Investment Process and Reports: The Associate will work closely with the Vice President and the partners on the preparation of all reports and investment committee memorandums involved in the investment decision-making process.
- Deal Structuring and Documentation: The ideal candidate will have had exposure to standard deal documentation. Together with the Vice President and partners, the candidate will liase with lawyers during the investment process, and work together to ensure thoughtful and comprehensive documentation of all transactions.
- Portfolio Company Monitoring and Operations: The Associate will help monitor portfolio companies keeping close watch on financial and operational initiatives, including development of relevant metrics, reporting, cash management, and other corporate development analyses. The Associate will also have an opportunity to gain insight into valuable operating experience because of the nature of the Clerisy model.
- Fundraising and Investor Relations: With regard to investors and fundraising, the Associate will work with the team to help produce investment marketing materials when required. The Associate will be critically involved with the partners and Vice President in preparing quarterly materials for investors, and any interim communications. Additionally, the Associate will assist with all investor events.
- Deal Sourcing: Because deal flow is very strong, the Associate will not be expected to spend time doing business development or company outreach. The Associate will be encouraged instead to focus on developing theses around long-term secular and structural consumer trends, and categories ripe for innovation and disruption, for which the team will collectively perform outreach.
Experience Requirements: Who You Are
● Your professional experience includes 1-2 years of investment banking and 2-3 years of private equity or venture capital
● You have a passion for identifying new and lasting consumer trends and are fascinated by the intersection of consumer and technology.
● You have had exposure to deals in both diligence and deal structuring and execution.
● You are exceptionally numerate and technically skilled. Strong financial modeling skills are a core competency and your expert Excel and Powerpoint abilities reflect that skillset.
● Your have an inquisitive nature (intellectual curiosity) that drives you to uncover information, coupled with a relentless desire to problem solve.
● Your acute attention to detail helps keep you organized.
● Your self-motivation and desire to keep learning make you excited about the idea of meeting and learning about new businesses every day.
● You are a team player, highly collaborative, and appreciative of other opinions. As such, you work both successfully and gracefully with others, particularly under pressure.
● You are not uncomfortable working with different personalities and egos.
● You enthusiastically commit to duties and teammates, and work hard to contribute above and beyond.
● You have an entrepreneurial, glass half-full spirit, even if you have no entrepreneurial experience.
● You like to work hard, play hard, laugh, and have fun.
IF interested, please apply here.