Analyst/Associate Role – Chingona Ventures
About the job
Chingona Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm based out of Chicago, IL. We are focused on overlooked founders and undercapitalized markets. Our portfolio companies include Tiny Organics, Expectful, Encantos, and many more. To date, we’ve invested in 27 companies across fintech, food tech, femtech, health and wellness, edtech and future of work.
We are hiring an Analyst/Associate to help support portfolio companies, help with due diligence, fund administration, marketing, and other work as needed. The ideal candidate will have interest in investing and an analytical background with strong project management skills. Additionally, strong writing skills, product or knowledge of social media is a plus.
Chingona Ventures provides a fast-paced and collaborative environment where everyone has the opportunity to help with everything. In this role, you will experience every facet of the investing process – this is a unique opportunity to contribute to the inner workings of a fund, while gaining exposure to investing.
This role is ideally based out of Chicago, IL but open to remote work initially.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Helping to evaluate opportunities, conduct diligence, close transactions and work with portfolio companies
- Work closely with members of the team to manage deal sourcing and pipeline, portfolio data and valuation, and investor requests
- Assist the team in ongoing thesis development, tracking relevant trends and conducting in depth market research and analysis
- Record and summarize KPIs for portfolio performance
- Work with CFO to create quarterly reporting materials and collect data for annual audit
- Send out monthly newsletter and handle all marketing needs
- Help plan annual LP meeting and other events
- 1-3 years experience working in product, operations, marketing, or financial services (consulting or banking)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and experience working with Excel, modeling experience a plus
- Both high EQ and analytical skills. Ideal candidates will have the ability to effectively bridge the need to manage internal and external relationships
- Experience in a rapidly scaling environment and/or the disposition to thrive amidst rapid change
- High level of comfort being proactive and self-directed
If you don’t tick every box above, we’d still encourage you to apply. We’re building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
What We Offer
- Tangible impact on day one. We are a small team and value participation from all team members
- Opportunity for career growth and role expansion
- Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience
- Vibrant and energetic work environment, among like-minded people with an entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Working schedule for adults: flexible times, remote work, unlimited PTO
TO APPLY: Submit your information here.