Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 160,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
The Associate – Strategy & Investments will support Cargill’s Edible Oils business to develop global and regional strategic roadmaps, evaluate growth investment opportunities and support regional teams in the execution of these projects. We seek a professional who can collaborate with our global commercial teams to apply strategic choice frameworks, drive analysis that helps the senior leadership make high impact capital investment decisions. The work will help grow future business P&L – by unearthing new business opportunities and fixing existing problems.
- Develop commercial insights and translate to PNL drivers by analyzing business segments and market trends for defined regions/categories, building competitive landscape and identifying capabilities required to succeed.
- Drive regional game board process that helps identify potential targets for mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint venture transactions ensuring alignment with business strategy.
- Lead, identify and resolve obstacles to complete projects on time and with actionable recommendations; managing project plan, business metrics to measure through projects stages, risk and issue management, and ensure project objectives are met.
- Coach regional business development teams in analytical problem solving and valuation methodologies, collaborate with various stakeholders on gathering commercial insights and translating recommendations into actions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while collaborating closely with other strategy and Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) specialists in the organization.
- Produce effective communication pieces (memos and presentations) and run excel valuation models to evaluate any growth/investment opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business or related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience running strategy projects and evaluating mergers & acquisitions opportunities
- Experience leading, coaching and encouraging feedback from a cross-functional team of individuals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills
- Demonstrable analytical skills, conceptual thinking and a strong process mentality
- Experienced in leading a cross-functional team of individuals through coaching and influence
- Experienced in portfolio and project management
- Minimum seven years and above experience in consulting or investment banking environment
If interested, please apply here.