Dallas, Texas, United States
Venture Team reporting to Venture Principal
Over two years you will become one of the most connected leaders in the Dallas startup scene, meeting hundreds of entrepreneurs and investors to source dealflow while gaining experience recruiting, training and managing a direct report.
After two years working with startups and building your reputation with the help of Capital Factory, you will receive a one-month, paid sabbatical to figure out your next step – you can choose to pursue a career in Venture Capital, join a high growth startup as one of the first employees, find a co-founder to start your own company, or be promoted to a Venture Principal at Capital Factory.
As the tip of the spear, you seek out the most exciting startups and innovators on the bleeding edge of technology in one of the fastest growing venture markets in the United States. You attend every pitch event and hackathon, take every coffee meeting, and become one of the biggest super-connectors in the city.
During your first year you will be paired with a Senior Venture Associate who will mentor you and show you the ropes. During your second year, you will be promoted to Senior Venture Associate, sponsoring startups for investment and finding the next Venture Associate to take under your wing.
What you will do…
- Meet with every technology entrepreneur in Dallas and try to help them
- Attend pitch events, hackathons, and other events hosted in the community, both in-person and online
- Use Twitter, LinkedIn, and other digital platforms to discover new startups and connect with the founders
- Develop relationships with CEOs, Angel Investors, and Venture Capitalists and invite them to be your guest at VIP events
- Read all of the local startup news and engage in social media
- Write deal memos for the best startups to get them into Capital Factory
- Get ten years of venture capital experience in two years time!
You’ll know you’re successful if….
- You sponsor four Dallas startups who are accepted into Capital Factory each month
- You can convince a startup to join Capital Factory based on the benefits of being part of our community and just because they need money
- People think “you’re everywhere” because you are a speaker on a local or online panel or event every week and they are always seeing you at relevant community events and around Capital Factory
- Founders, mentors and investors come to you to ask for introductions
- Every slot gets booked up at your office hours
- Your leads are accurately and promptly tracked in our CRM
- You have at least two years experience as a founder, employee, or investor at a tech startup.
- You are passionate about emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, and robotics.
- You are outgoing and can talk to just about anyone.
- You are organized and plan ahead, but you don’t get stressed out when things change at the last minute… because they will. You roll with it.
- You check your email in the evenings and are available to work during evening events and over the weekends when there is a tight deadline. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- You plan to stay in Dallas and in this role for the next two years
About Our Team…
- We have a passion for startups and technology
- We are transparent and we over-communicate
- We have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- We communicate when we are not able to meet a deadline and suggest a solution
- We are professional and presentable and greet everyone cheerfully. We’re ready to deal with an immature student, a pushy salesperson, top VC’s, a fortune 500 CEO, and even the President of the United States.
- We are excited to work from our Dallas office location and have reliable transportation.
- We have a quiet place where we can work remotely with fast internet when necessary
- We have a reliable laptop computer and smartphone.
- We are security aware. We have a passcode on our computers and phones and use a password manager.
- We are able to efficiently use the Google suite of productivity tools (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides).
- We are available to work during SXSW (Spring Break) and Startup Week.
- We get to Inbox Zero every day.
Follow in their footsteps…
- JD Weinstein went on to be a Principal at WPP Ventures and now runs the global Venture Capital practice at Oracle
- Areej Rabie was promoted Venture Principle and then joined Backtracks, a startup that she helped recruit into Capital Factory
- Kelsi Kamin went on to be an Associate at Silverton Partners and now is Chief of Staff at Living Security, a startup that she helped recruit into Capital Factory
- Ileana Gonzalez is now a Venture Associate at Techstars Anywhere
- Haley Netherton went on to pursue her MBA at Columbia…
- Jamie Catanach is now head of Operations Strategy at Trend
- Brittany Barretto is now founder and General Partner at Coyote Ventures
- Helena Krusec was promoted and helped to create the first Corporate Venture Associate role and then joined the AFWERX team that she met at Capital Factory
- Nick Weber went on to found venture-backed startup, Ucardia, which helps patients improve outcomes with cardiac rehabilitation
- 4 weeks paid time off (one week is between Christmas and New Year’s)
- Personal health, vision and dental insurance – paid 100% by Capital Factory for Employee Only coverage!
- Additional benefits such as 401k, life insurance, short & long term disability and and employee assistance program
- $1,000 personal innovation budget on your first year anniversary and then an additional $500 each anniversary thereafter
- Coworking membership at Capital Factory with garage parking space, metro pass, or rideshare credits and access to the onsite gym
- A priceless rolodex
IF interested, please apply here.