Canapi Ventures is a $650M first-time financial technology venture capital fund investing in early to growth-stage companies offering disruptive alternatives to outdated business models and technologies. Our leaders have been at the forefront of financial services innovation as operators, investors, bankers, advisors, and regulators with successful records of incubating early-stage fintech companies. We’ve created a unique venture capital model for today’s exceptional fintech companies, backed by ~45 of the top regional and community banks in the US. Canapi has deep relationships with a network of banks and strategic partners, connecting our portfolio companies to the financial service leaders who may become their future clients.
Investment Associate Role: Canapi is seeking an Associate to join the investment team. Canapi does not have a “two-and-out” culture and we view this hire as a potential career-track position for successful associates. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual eager to join a fast-growing team investing at the cutting edge of innovation in the fintech sector. Associates are an integral part of our investment decision-making process as well as the day-to-day operations of the firm. Beyond investing, associates are expected to take an active role in developing the tools and best-practices that this fund will come to rely on overtime. The successful candidate will have experience in financial services/fintech or software, with a passion for the future of the sector. We are looking for an entrepreneurial self-starter with exceptional communication skills and an eagerness to contribute in a meaningful way.
Location: Canapi is headquartered in Washington, DC, with additional offices in Wilmington, NC, and New York City, NY. Although we are currently operating under a hybrid remote-work model, associate candidates should be prepared to spend significant time in-office as soon as Q4 2021. We anticipate this role to involve significant travel (~5-7 days/month) related to portfolio company management, investment opportunity sourcing and Limited Partner engagement.
• Work closely with and support the investment team on identifying areas of risk and opportunity with new investments
• Source new investment opportunities and develop relationships with promising entrepreneurs in the space
• Identify and analyze core due diligence questions, evaluate value drivers that determine investment outcomes, and synthesize diligence and analysis findings to form investment recommendations
• Gather and present market data to analyze trends and identify investment opportunities in the fintech and financial services sectors
• Help managing the investment pipeline by tracking and responding to inbound investment opportunities
• Prepare investment memoranda, present recommendations and due diligence findings
• Assist in preparation of Fintech Alliance engagements and Limited Partner events
• Support existing and future investments and portfolio companies, including ongoing portfolio management activities
• Assist the broader team as needed
Experience & Other Requirements:
• 1-3 years of professional experience in investment banking, corporate development, corporate strategy, strategy / management consulting, venture capital or
• Experience in financial services and/or financial technology is a significant advantage
• Strong financial analysis and modeling skills
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to interact with business professionals (both internally and externally) at all seniority levels
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Strong creativity and entrepreneurial mindset – eager to run with assignments independently, manage personal workload, and take initiative to advance new workstreams
• Passion for investing and an eagerness to be a part of building a top-tier investment firm
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please send your resume and a few sentences about yourself to email@example.com.
If interested, please apply here.