Join an upcoming global leader in the renewable energy space with a strong capital base investment and an existing operating portfolio. You’ll be working in a small but growing team, with exposure and involvement across key areas of origination, execution, and portfolio management sides of the business.
In this role you will support in the management of the existing US-based portfolio and contribute to expanding investments in the renewable energy space.
The compensation package for this role will include a mix of base and variable cash compensation and benefits.
About the role
Generally, the role will include the following activities.
Origination and Execution
You will actively participate in preparing and implementing investment strategies across the renewable energy sector. Your experience and knowledge mean you will be involved with originating and selecting transactions that fulfil the company’s investment mandate and guidelines. You will prepare key investment and information memos, briefing documents, financial models, reports, dashboards etc. You will also be responsible for managing and preparing multiple streams of diligence for transactions, in collaboration with various advisers for investment targets in key areas such as insurance, legal, financial, technical, market and regulatory requirements for energy and renewable transactions. You will be involved in raising funding from various sources (debt and equity) for new and existing investments.
Investment Portfolio Management
You will be part of the team actively managing and reporting on the portfolio of operating assets in wind, solar and energy storage, interacting frequently with JV partners and management teams. You will apply your experience to optimize investments in the renewable energy sector. You will manage all post-acquisition activity, developing relationships with management and integration teams to ensure seamless portfolio reporting.
To deliver on these priorities you must have outstanding oral and written communication skills. You will prepare long-form investment and information memoranda, financial models, regular investment committee and board reports on new investment and the existing portfolio. You will also develop capital raising materials for new investments and to expand your current portfolio. You will have frequent and ongoing interaction with management teams, advisers, JV partners, and shareholders, so you must be able to forge strong relationships with key contacts across the industry. In this role you will liaise directly with key members of the platform team at various levels.
This role will have an impact on short-term financial success but also on longer-term growth and culture of the platform. It is a pivotal role in a start-up environment that requires a flexible team player and positive thinker with a strong “can do” attitude.
This role is US-based with some international travel.
• 5 – 7 years of business experience in energy and/or renewables in principal investment or advisory roles.
• High proficiency in financial modelling and quantitative analysis for energy/renewables is essential
• Strong communication skills including long form investment memoranda and capital raising materials
• Experience in managing and preparing multiple streams of transaction due diligence advisers and assignments including technical, legal, financial accounting, environmental and site analysis, insurance, legal and regulatory of energy and renewable transactions
• Experience in post-acquisition/investment portfolio management, debt and equity raising
• Ability to analyze and prepare financial and operations portfolio reports
• Broad knowledge of US renewable energy across, wind, solar and storage projects
• Specific experience of M&A in energy markets
• BS in Finance or Accounting.
• Masters or MBA with Business Management or M&A preferred.
If interested, please apply here.