At boldstart, we are day one partners to technical founders who are creating new categories and reimagining existing ones in enterprise software. Our work with founders begins, in many cases, pre-incorporation and in most cases pre-product or early in product development. Our mission has remained the same over 11 years: to be a first check lead for founders from day one and to support them with our decades of experience and specialized community of advisors and executives from leading developer-first and SaaS companies. We’ve been there from the very beginning with companies like Snyk, Kustomer, BigID, Superhuman and many more and want to help our founders accelerate their path to an amazing Series A round and beyond.
As an Associate you will learn how enterprise startups are built from inception to scale and the fundamentals of venture capital investing at the seed stage and also in later rounds as we continue to support our portfolio companies.
In the role of Associate, you will join Boldstart in a two-year program based in New York City (location can be discussed further).
Because you are a continuous learner, an empathetic listener, and someone who jumps into challenges no matter how big or small, you embody our team’s scrappy mentality. You will harness those qualities to work on both quantitative and qualitative projects alongside your team and most importantly, our founders. From writing investment memos, to managing internal systems (such as our CRM), to research on new areas of technology, and helping with investor reporting, you will be involved in conducting diligence and handling requests directly from founders.
Finally, you will be a key member of the team, helping us to accomplish our goal of making our founders successful through learning from your colleagues and teaching us new things as well!
- You will work as a member of the investment team, conducting market and company-level research via qualitative and quantitative means.
- You will organize and present research results to inform investment decisions and write investment memos.
- You will support the team in company pitch meetings, be responsible for detailed notes, and follow up communications.
- You will model a range of cap tables, analyze ownership, dilution, and scenario planning for new investments and existing portfolio companies.
- You will maintain the hygiene of our internal systems including deal sourcing pipeline, CRM, workflows, and Notion.
- You will have the opportunity to represent boldstart at conferences and founder events
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with our portfolio founders on a range of company building activities that include competitive analysis, product intelligence, and more.
The qualifications listed below are in no way absolute. As an inclusive organization we welcome people from a range of backgrounds and experience levels. We encourage you to apply as we will consider all candidates. That said, we thought it would be prudent to list the qualifications we are ideally looking for:
- You are passionate about enterprise software and startups and have 2-5 years of professional experience, preferably in venture capital, consulting, investment banking.
- You have exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
- You are able to take charge of identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, executing analysis, and presenting findings.
- You are deadline-oriented, organized and able to multitask in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- You are excited to learn and you roll up your sleeves, jumping into a range of challenges, both strategic and tactical.
- You are an excellent communicator (verbally and in writing) and listener, able to condense complex topics into digestible content for our team and externally.
- You do not require visa sponsorship to work in the U.S.
How to Apply
Send us an email at email@example.com and tell us why you’re interested in working with us! To give the team a better understanding of who you are as a whole person, let us know what you are passionate about and please send an example of a project, job, or skill that you’ve picked up on your own.