BMO Capital Markets has an instrumental role to play to bring our Purpose into action and helping the Bank and our clients meet the sustainability challenges of the future.
Assisting in the execution of an impact investment fund
Assist in the execution of a $250MM impact investment fund to strategically invest in companies that are solving sustainability challenges faced by our clients.
Providing support to the broader Global Sustainable Finance team
Leverage our environmental, social and governance (ESG) expertise to help clients find ways to improve their sustainability footprint and operations, while mobilizing more capital to participate in the sustainable financing space.
The Associate, Impact Investing will specifically support the investment process of BMO’s impact investment fund as it looks for companies in which to invest that will help our clients address their sustainability needs and drive ROI for BMO’s investments. The role will also drive value creation within the portfolio by identifying opportunities to leverage the broader bank platform.
50% Transaction execution (analysis, due diligence, valuation, preparing investment memoranda)
20% Industry analysis and opportunity identification, sourcing of potential deals
20% Impact measurement and analysis
10% Portfolio management and value creation
Knowledge And Skills
- Undergraduate degree with a focus on business, economics, finance/accounting; MBA or other graduate degree a plus
- 2-4+ year’s relevant business experience, preferably in an investment banking or equivalent role at a global financial institution or comparable industry (e.g., management consulting with a relevant focus in due diligence and private equity work)
- Highly developed transaction execution skills (including successfully handling all stages of a transaction: analysis, due diligence, valuation, preparing investment memoranda and closing)
- Robust financial modeling capabilities, including financial projection models as well as other general financial analyses; ability to build models from scratch as well as utilize / manipulate company models received is a must
- Highly organized with a proven ability to manage and deliver on multiple complex projects with varying levels of urgency, sensitivity and importance at the same time
- Understanding of venture capital / growth equity, technology, and impact investing trends and practices a plus
- Understanding of impact measurement, analysis and reporting a plus
- Experienced and confident interacting at all levels, including with senior management
- Communicates effectively on all levels, adapts style based on audience, is able to write, present and lead meetings
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at http://www.jobs.bmoharris.com .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
If interested, please apply here.