Big Idea Ventures is a venture capital firm and accelerator with teams in Singapore and New York, combining capital and partnership to support and grow the world’s most compelling plant-based food companies and protein alternatives.
Our first fund is the New Protein Fund (US$50M), anchored by major institutional investors including Temasek Holdings (global investment firm based in Singapore) and Tyson Foods (NYSE: TSN) a Fortune 100 company.
Learn more at https://bigideaventures.com/.
We are looking for an organized and detail-oriented self-starter to join our New York team! As the Program Associate, you will handle logistics and operations for Big Idea Ventures’ New York accelerator program. This role is a great way to learn the ins and outs of the popular accelerator model, work closely with startups, and gain an understanding of early-stage VC investing in the alternative protein space. The Program Associate position is ideal for someone looking to make an impact early on in their career and get their feet wet in the VC and startup spaces.
Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Annual salary and benefits
Office Location: Temporarily remote; 88 Pine St, Financial District, NYC
We are currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and will transition back to the office at our management’s discretion, at which point this role will become in-person. We will allow a grace period for anyone needing to relocate to NYC.
- Actively source pre-seed alt-protein deals and design and implement strategies to increase the volume of high quality accelerator applicants.
- Participate in the accelerator due diligence process by scheduling interview calls and team reviews, asking relevant questions, conducting background research on prospective deals, and participating in group decision-making processes.
- Attend strategy meetings for cohort and alumni companies to provide input, advice and suggestions wherever possible. Take detailed notes and be proactive in keeping track of company asks, assigning them to relevant team members, and making sure they are completed.
- Attend and participate in weekly planning meetings both internally with the NYC team and globally with the Singapore team.
- Manage the cohort calendar and all accelerator program scheduling. Schedule workshops and accelerator events with various industry experts, mentors and investors. Ensure all programming-related materials are kept up to date.
- Host workshop presentations and office hours sessions with a variety of guest speakers. Facilitate the conversation, chime in when necessary, and ensure a smooth and professional experience for all.
- Be willing and open to taking on a wide variety of additional tasks and responsibilities related to assisting our portfolio companies, improving internal operations, and growing the Big Idea Ventures brand.
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-2 years work experience (administrative or office management preferred)
- Strong interpersonal, written/verbal communication and “soft” skills
- Solid understanding of tools including Microsoft Excel, Google Suite, PowerPoint, Zoom and YouTube
- For our remote period, available online M-F 9am-6pm ET. Post-transition, available in the office during these times.
- Authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
- Passion for food, health, animal welfare, or fighting global climate change a plus
- To Apply: Please complete our online application and our team will reach out to continue the process if there’s a fit. Please contact Mia Medicus at email@example.com with any questions.