B Capital is looking for a Pre-MBA Associate for the Healthcare Team who has an incredible drive to assist in the investment process from end-to-end. Primary responsibilities will be helping identify new healthcare investment opportunities through research-driven sourcing, researching markets and sector trends, evaluating deals, and conducting detailed business and financial due diligence. The individual will work across all four of our healthcare areas of healthcare IT, digital health, biotech, and innovative medical technology. The role requires a scientific or engineering background, maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action.
Basic Job Responsibilities
- Develop market research and investment theses to guide sourcing efforts.
- Source new investment opportunities based on investment themes and research.
Deal screening and evaluation
- Evaluate and assess the viability of investment materials we receive from potential companies.
- Lead key pieces of diligence on investment opportunities and deal processes (e.g., audit, tax, legal, financial modeling, etc.).
Building company value
- Deliver high-touch support to our portfolio companies across a number of operating areas.
- Utilize the firm’s and BCG’s networks to connect companies with highest value customer targets.
Basic Job Requirements
- Passion for disruptive technology.
- 1-3+ years of relevant work experience strongly preferred (e.g., top-tier consulting firm focused on healthcare opportunities, investment banking on a healthcare team, operating experience either at a healthcare company or early-stage, venture funded business, or equivalent)
- Undergraduate degree in biology, biomedical engineering, engineering with biology, biochemistry or other relevant field is highly desired.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Prior VC/PE investing experience not required, but a plus.
The ideal candidate has strong analytical abilities and is intellectually curious – particularly in terms of new and emerging technologies.
- Awareness of the market and a perspective on potential investable market trends.
- Experience distilling ideas and insights into clean, digestible formats (e.g., slides, documents) required.
- Experience with detailed financial modeling including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow statements as well as quantitative market research (e.g. valuation comps) required.
- Exposure to core venture capital “math” skills (e.g., cap table, returns modeling) and familiarity with standard venture terms and concepts a plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help us shape new portfolio investments and our own company.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.
About b Capital
B Capital Group is a global firm specializing in multi-stage investing in B2B and B2B2C companies that are
transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies. Leveraging a global team of seasoned
investor-experts and an exclusive partnership with The Boston Consulting Group, B Capital Group helps startups
navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at key points of their journeys to
scale. We invest in Enterprise technology (e.g. consumer enablement technologies, enterprise application
software, infrastructure, security, AI/ML), Fintech and Insurtech, Industrial and Transportation, and
HealthcareTech and Bio IT. Our portfolio includes global, high-potential and market-leading companies like
Atomwise, Bounce, Centivo, Evidation Health, Icertis, Innovacer, Khatabook, Kopi Kenangan, Ninja Van, Notable
Labs, Payfazz, SilverCloud Health, Synack, Ula, and YaloChat. For more information, visit
b Capital Group Core Values
- Honest – We speak the truth to others and ourselves, but always with positive intent. We hold ourselves
accountable, we are intellectually honest, and we are not afraid to say what we know and what we don’t.
- Open – We are constantly evolving, and always looking for ways to better ourselves and our
communications, to increase transparency, and improve as a team.
- Trustworthy – Our people and the culture are the heart of our business. We are self-aware, supportive,
and trust ourselves and each other.
- Humble – As we advance, we stay humble and never declare victory, knowing that every finish line is the
beginning of a new race. When we operate with low ego, we are open to new perspectives, allowing us to
learn and improve.
- Collaborative – We are one team. We know that no one person has all the answers, and we work to lift
each other up, knowing that we are better together. We bring the best of our firm to every interaction,
leveraging our partners. Our successes and failures are equally shared.
- Bold – We are bold and willing to take risks and understand that means that we will at times fail. We
learn from our failures, we don’t repeat them and are constantly striving to be better.
- Persistent – To build enduring success, the long-term must prevail over the short-term. Sometimes
winning in the long-term looks like losing in the short-term. We persevere, with the enduring perspective
that our race is a marathon, not a sprint.
If interested, please apply here.