At B Capital Group, we strive to be the highest value add partner to entrepreneurs. To do so, we have built an array of platform resources and capabilities that we make available to our companies to help them address a broad range of operational challenges. The Strategy & Operations Deep Tech Associate will play a key role in achieving our objective, working closely with our platform team and directly with Deep Tech portfolio companies to drive value.
B Capital is looking for a Strategy & Operations Deep Tech Associate who will partner with our portfolio companies across sectors such as AI, Big Data, Infrastructure, DevOps and B2B SaaS. Their primary responsibilities will include driving and communicating strategic recommendations, managing portfolio company reporting, gathering & analyzing industry data, and conducting benchmarking analysis.
The role requires maturity, flexibility, intellectual curiosity, passion for technology and a proven track record of taking ideas and quickly turning them into action. This is a unique opportunity to advise high growth, VC-backed companies at the cutting edge of technology.
The ideal candidate will have an authentic appreciation for B Capital’s mission to back transformative entrepreneurs.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct industry research and collect data on competitors and marketplace (e.g., DevOps tech landscape, GTM strategies)
- Provide competitive analysis on various portfolio companies’ market offerings, identify market trends (e.g., pricing/business models, key growth metrics, competitive benchmarks)
- Drive white papers, webinars and blog posts and tech trends and topics (in partnership with the Tech investment team and S&O leadership)
- Work closely with portfolio leads to help supplement key initiatives with markets insights & data
- Develop financial models and diagnostic analysis to identify and recommend opportunities for enhancing portfolio company revenue and profitability
- Gather and interpret data, execute analysis, and consolidate information into actionable playbooks or case studies
- Define, track, and analyze KPIs to measure commercial success of each program / initiative
- Manage portfolio company reporting, including quarterly and limited partner (LP) reporting
- Help establish and maintain a network of corporate leaders that we can engage with to drive strategic objectives revenue opportunities and growth for our portfolio companies
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 2+ years of experience in management consulting, venture capital, or late stage startup experience in a strategy or analyst role
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Time in a technical role (e.g., PM, Engineer, IT) a technical degree (CompSci, Engineering, Coding Bootcamp) or pursuing a technical passion
- Proficiency with statistic or dataset analytics, particularly Excel
- Exceptional project management, quantitative, and communication skills
- Highly proactive, detail-oriented, organized and efficient
- Real passion for technology – including topics like DevOps and Big Data
- Demonstration of that passion, which can include comp. sci degree, Product Manager training, or experience coding. We are open to other ways you have demonstrated that passion.
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Experience with detailed financial modelling and competitive market research, comfortable interpreting financial statements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfort with slides and presentations
- Willing to roll up sleeves and work independently to get things done
- Ability to work collaboratively in an entrepreneurial, fast-moving team environment
ABOUT B CAPITAL:
B Capital Group is a multi-stage, international investment firm founded in 2015. Investing in companies transforming large traditional industries across borders and geographies, B Capital leverages a global team of seasoned experts, as well as its strategic partnership with BCG. The firm helps founders navigate business challenges, raise capital, and attract talented leadership at every stage of the startup lifecycle. B Capital invests in enterprise software, consumer enablement, financial services, healthcare, and industrial and transportation companies. The B Capital portfolio includes global, industry-leading companies like Atomwise, Carro, Dailyhunt, Datarobot, Evidation, Icertis, Innovaccer, Ninja Van, Tuhu, and Yalo. For more information, visit bcapgroup.com.
If interested, please apply here.