Ascension Ventures (AV) is a venture capital firm making private equity investments in the healthcare industry. AV provides strategic venture funding to companies that offer healthcare-related products, services or technologies. AV seeks investment opportunities in companies that represent potential breakthroughs in healthcare delivery and contribute to the transformation of healthcare.
Ascension Ventures has an exciting opportunity for an Investment Associate. Apply Today!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Investment Associate, you will have the opportunity to perform modeling and intermediate level research to support deal sourcing, due diligence of investment opportunities, and monitoring of portfolio companies.
- Performs in-depth due diligence, financial modeling and valuation work for the portfolio.
- Provides analytical and asset valuation, and evaluates strategic development and acquisition opportunities.
- Prepares investment committee memos, term sheets, and various presentations.
- Works closely with the members of the investment team on current portfolio holdings and new investment opportunities.
- Read and summarize business plans, enter and update information in AHV’s deal database. Support the other investment professionals in due diligence. Examples include preparing financial models, performing comparable company and precedent transaction analyses, assistance with organizing investment recommendation materials.
- Assist in preparation of materials for the Board of Managers, Executive Review and other constituents. Perform ad hoc company and industry analyses.
- Help plan and participate in periodical internal deal meetings. Assist with quarterly and annual reporting processes.
- Review healthcare industry periodicals and research reports to proactively target potential investment niches and prepares reports analyzing market potential, growth competitive landscape, etc.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- One of the following backgrounds is preferred:
- Individual with entrepreneurial or investment experience.
- MD, MA or PhD in a scientific or related field
- Completion of healthcare investment banking analyst program
- Experience preferred in reviewing business plans.
If interested, please apply here.