Ascension Ventures (AV) is a venture capital firm making private equity investments in the healthcare industry. AV is a subsidiary of Ascension Health, the largest nonprofit Catholic healthcare system in the United States. AHV currently has over $1 billion of capital under management through four funds. AV has an exciting opportunity for an Investment Associate.
Ascension Ventures provides strategic venture funding to companies that offer healthcare-related products, services or technologies. AV seeks investment opportunities in companies that represent potential breakthroughs in healthcare delivery and contribute to the transformation of healthcare.
In this role, you will have the ability to work remotely within the Greater St. Louis Area, or within one of Ascension’s Ministry Market’s, with understood accessibility to a major airport for required travel.What You Will Do:The Investment Associate is responsible for analyzing and helping close investment transactions. Such work shall include company specific and industry-related research. This person will help diligence potential transactions through AV’s gated process, as well as assist with some administrative areas, such as quarterly and annual portfolio reporting.
- Performs statistical, cost and financial analysis of data extracted from various internal sources. Prepares reports based on findings, including health care costs, provider contracts, debt capacity, revenue and profitability.
- Assists with budget preparation and financial planning processes. Assists with budget review for compliance and identification of cost-saving opportunities.
- Serves as consultant to all levels of management to provide decision support for initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Performs special projects and duties as assigned, including research, forecasting and exploring viable alternatives.
- Read and summarize business plans, enter and update information in AHV’s deal database. Support the other investment professionals in due diligence. Examples include preparing financial models, performing comparable company and precedent transaction analyses, assistance with organizing investment recommendation materials.
- Assist in preparation of materials for the Board of Managers, Executive Review and other constituents. Perform ad hoc company and industry analyses.
- Help plan and participate in periodical internal deal meetings. Assist with quarterly and annual reporting processes.
- Review healthcare industry periodicals and research reports to proactively target potential investment niches and prepares reports analyzing market potential, growth competitive landscape, etc.
What You Will Need:Education:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
Additional Preferences:Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree highly desired
One of the following backgrounds is preferred:
- Individual with entrepreneurial or investment experience.
- MD, MA or PhD in a scientific or related field
- Completion of healthcare investment banking analyst program
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Experience preferred in reviewing business plans.
Why Join Our Team:When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:Ascension is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
If interested, please apply here.