Applied Ventures, LLC, is the venture capital arm of Applied Materials, Inc., (NASDAQ: AMAT). Applied Materials is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world.
For more than a decade, Applied Ventures (AV) has invested in startups that are pioneering innovations in semiconductor and display technologies, in addition to smartphones, augmented and virtual reality, AI, driverless cars, big data, life sciences, 3D printing, robotics, cleantech, and advanced materials. Applied Ventures is stage agnostic and invests up to $100M per year globally. We have invested in over 90 companies across 15 countries.
We are hiring an individual contributor Applied Ventures Associate to invest in and collaborate with strategically aligned startups to transform disruptive possibilities into reality for AMAT’s business growth.
- Source, Lead, and Manage investment opportunities and drive the process to assess them and deliver their value to AMAT /AV and to influence a group to do the same.
- Develop and Execute overall investment strategies and implementation plans.
- Coordinate the diligence of the candidates, including technology and IP analysis, team, financial, business model, valuation, legal, etc.
- Actively manage investments through their life-cycle and exit, including elements of joint development projects and work within AMAT to achieve strategic partnership and investment goals.
- Present analysis and proposals to AV team and Venture Investment Committee.
- Promote AV in the investment community.
- Own individual investment decisions and recommendations made to the AV team and the Venture Investment Committee.
- Demonstrate success on business growth contribution to AMAT.
- 15 years of being recognized externally as an expert in specific domain(s). Demonstrates broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies within certain domain
- Strong and proven capability to influence internal/external business
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams and initiatives; provides thought leadership on strategic matters for the company
- Proactively identifies and solves complex problems; uses innovative methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products
- Strong skills and experience in negotiating with senior management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
IF interested, please apply here.