Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world that is more resilient and productive. We created Anthesis Ventures to maximize and accelerate our impact by investing in or partnering with early-to-growth stage companies that share our purpose and vision for a more productive and resilient world.
We’re looking for an Associate to support the growth of our Ventures team. Your role will be market-facing, working with our portfolio companies, the Ventures team and the wider Anthesis Group of leading sustainability consultants. Anthesis Ventures supports early-to-growth stage companies in a range of areas.
You may work remotely from a North American location or may work from our main NA offices in Boston, Boulder, Ottawa and Oakland.
Portfolio company support:
- With support from the Ventures management team, work with portfolio company founding team to define go-to-market strategy, conduct market research, including identification of new markets, clients, services and business models.
- Conduct customer interviews with Anthesis corporate clients and summarize findings.
- Engage Anthesis Group client managers and subject matter experts, to help refine the company’s value proposition and test for fit with portfolio company product/services/solutions.
Pipeline Development And Due Diligence
- Perform market research to help identify new investment trends and opportunities
- Deal screening: call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities
- Documentation: summarize call notes, enter deals into and manage our CRM
- Network with peers in other sustainability/ climate focused Venture Capital Firms
- Perform Due Diligence, gather information from the target company and industry experts including Anthesis subject matter experts to evaluate the target company’s technology/ IP
- Research potential competitors to the target company
- Help preparing internal investment memos to the Ventures Governance Committee
The ideal applicant must be comfortable presenting and leading strategy discussions with early-to-growth stage companies, networking and engaging with a wide variety of team members across the globe, in addition to the following minimum qualifications:
- MBA from a top business school
- At least 2 years of investment experience (VC/PE, investment banking, private equity) or equivalent
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced function
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Personal attributes and qualities
- Curious, globally minded and enthusiastic
- Effective time management and organizational skills. Ability to respond positively to pressure and take a flexible approach to a dynamic, fast moving and changing work environment
- Proactive with the ability and confidence to use initiative
- Well-presented with a professional manner to act as a brand ambassador
- Able to work on virtual teams across different time zones
At Anthesis, we value both the well-being and the professional development of our people by doing our best to make Anthesis a great place to work. Our identity, values, and the quality of our work are vested in our people, and we want you to thrive, develop and succeed here.
If interested, please apply here.