Anthemis is a venture investment platform founded on three guiding principles: authentic collaboration, virtuous cycle outcomes, and diversity and inclusivity. Since 2010, we have been at the center of a vibrant ecosystem of startups and institutions dedicated to reinventing financial services for the digital world. We are committed investors, thoughtful advisors, active conveners and dedicated problem solvers who share a passion for technology and a belief in the transformative power of digital financial service.
Due to the increasing growth of our investment portfolio, we are looking to hire an Investment Associate to support the team with the increasing workload. The Investment Associate role will involve working to support the New York investment team in everything from sourcing, diligence, deal execution and portfolio management. Primary responsibilities of the Investment Associate will involve supporting the flagship Anthemis Fund (Anthemis Venture Fund), which focuses on Pre-Seed, Seed and Series A deals across the US and Europe, as well as our Female Innovators Lab vehicle which is focused on supporting female Pre-Seed companies and entrepreneurs. This will focus on all sectors of financial services, in line with the primary thesis of Anthemis Group.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing robust pipeline of early stage deal flow and ecosystem connectivity (founders, investors, industry players, etc.) to support Anthemis Venture Fund and Female Innovators Lab deal funnel.
- Assisting in the due diligence of new transactions and prepare internal documentation to support the investment decision-making process. This includes possessing ‘hard skills’ associated with deal diligence and execution, and an intimate understanding of the mechanics behind venture capital.
- Attending relevant industry conferences and events, developing deep relationships with the fintech ecosystem in a way to enrich the Anthemis brand and expand connectivity.
- Tracking, managing and updating dealflow in Anthemis investment databases, and prepare periodic dealflow reports.
- Assisting in the monitoring and supporting of portfolio companies, post-investment.
- Preparing periodic internal reports on portfolio performance and conduct valuation exercises.
- Working on projects that support the Anthemis reach within the early stage fintech ecosystem, including organizing founder / investor meet-ups, publishing articles, appearing on podcasts and other media types, and more.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience within financial services preferably in venture capital. Alternatively, similar experience playing a key role in a technology startup related to Anthemis’ investment thesis.
- Demonstrable understanding of, and interest in, technology, insurance and broader financial services.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, technical and presentation skills, with strong comfort sharing and supporting opinions and positions.
- Advanced financial analysis skills and complete comfort with financial modelling exercises in a fast-moving environment.
- Enthusiasm for working with ambitious entrepreneurs and an ability to foster creativity, communication and synergies between partners and companies.
- High degree of integrity, intellectual curiosity and team-orientation.
- Thrives in and actively seeks out diverse and dynamic environments.
- Appropriate US work permit.
Working at Anthemis
Come and be part of an inclusive, flexible work environment where our people are encouraged to grow and do their best work. We are proud of our diversity and proactive in ensuring our opportunities are accessible to everyone. Anthemis is an equal opportunity employer. It is really important to us that we give access to opportunities to as wide a variety of people as possible. So if there is additional support we could offer you to enable you to participate in this process, please include this is in your expression of interest.
- Competitive market-led salary and bonus
- Flexible hours/work from home
- 25 days holiday plus local public holidays
- Life assurance
- Pension contribution
- Programme of health and wellbeing benefits
Our goal is to ensure that Anthemis upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for a role or working at the company. We welcome applicants of all educational backgrounds, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientations, religions, ethnicities, ages, citizenships, socioeconomic statuses, disabilities, and veteran status, and we’d love to learn more about where you can be additive to our team.
If interested, please apply here.