Promoted by the founders of Ticketbis (acquired by eBay in 2016), All Iron Ventures invests in startups across sectors, typically focusing on e-commerce, marketplace, and subscription business models in Europe, the US, and Latin America. All Iron Ventures puts its experience creating, expanding, and selling companies at the disposal of founders to help them take their projects to the next level. With around €110M under management and a portfolio of approximately 40 companies across diverse sectors, we are on the path of becoming one of the largest Spain-based VC investors.
We are a small team with an entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude and the ambition to become a leading player in the space. We value and believe in hard work, humility, teamwork, communication, and good character, and everything that we do is inspired by these values. We are a startup ourselves, so joining All Iron Ventures means not only working hand-in-hand with startups and co-investors but also contributing to building your own venture at the same time.
We are headquartered in the awesome city of Bilbao and also have an office in Madrid. We are well connected in the ecosystem and often travel to the main startup hubs located overseas.
Are you passionate about startups, technology and venture investments? Do you consider yourself an all-rounder with solid industry expertise? Do you want to work in a flexible environment with significant autonomy and responsibilities? Then, this could be the right job for you!
What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Investment Associate who loves and is excited about startups, markets and technologies, who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and is willing to take on above-average responsibilities. We provide a significant degree of freedom and expect you to be proactive, responsible, with strong work ethic, commitment and initiative.
As a Investment Associate you will:
- Play an active role in the investment process managing the whole investment cycle end to end: identifying trends, sourcing, evaluating, and recommending investment opportunities to the investment committee and closing deals;
- Proactively look for and build relationships with promising entrepreneurs, startups, other venture firms and angel investors;
- Assist the team in the ongoing supervision and management of our portfolio companies;
- Expand your network by representing AIV at conferences and contributing to our marketing activities;
- Be the ultimate owner of our CRM platform (used for dealflow purposes), reviewing and updating it as needed on an ongoing basis;
- Build financial models and follow the market closely to assess company valuations and build market intelligence thereof;
- Proactively obtain information from different sources to enrich internal decision making;
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis;
- Collaborate with, mentor and guide portfolio companies on operational and strategic questions
- Constantly look for improvements in the way we do our job so that we do not miss the next big opportunity;
In particular, you could be a good match if you have:
- a minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience;
- worked in venture capital, strategy consulting or investment banking or;
- worked in a tech startup in roles with exposure to growth (strategy, M&A, business development)or to strategy and product (software development, product management)
- significant exposure to the international business scene;
- proficiency in English (additional languages are a plus);
- strong analytical skills;
- an ability to build relationships quickly and effectively and to maintain a professional network in the startup and tech ecosystem; and
- all the qualities of a great team player with the ability to also work independently and with limited supervision.
- exceptional organizational skills and excel at attention to detail, multitasking and working against tight deadlines.
What we offer:
- A full-time position headquartered in Bilbao, Spain.
- A competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus and additional benefits.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact on a growing tech investor in the initial stages of its development.
- Work in an international and inspiring community with the best European entrepreneurs and investors.
- Ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested and want to join us, do not hesitate to apply and send your resume to email@example.com, we want to meet you!