Aligned Climate Capital LLC (Aligned) is an asset manager that believes the global response to climate change is creating a $50 trillion market opportunity.
Founded in 2019, Aligned is a dynamic and mission-driven firm focused exclusively on growth equity and infrastructure investments across four sectors—clean energy, electric transport, efficient and resilient infrastructure, and sustainable land use. It is seeking candidates who are self-motivated, innovative, and committed to using financial tools to address climate change.
The Associate will be actively involved in all three of Aligned’s investment strategies: the Aligned Climate Fund (Aligned’s growth equity vehicle), Aligned Solar Partners (Aligned’s tax efficient distributed solar strategy), and Ares Climate Infrastructure Partners (a value-add climate infrastructure strategy Aligned manages jointly with Ares Management’s Infrastructure and Power Group).
Duties and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for supporting multiple facets of Aligned’s business, including origination, diligence, investment execution, and asset management. It includes opportunities for growth and advancement.
Specifically, the Associate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Perform due diligence, financial modeling, and other analysis of potential investment opportunities.
- Develop presentations, investment memos, and other materials.
- Research, track, and report relevant market, industry, and regulatory developments.
- Participate on investment teams to support the principal leading the transaction.
- Support Aligned’s portfolio and asset management functions.
- Represent Aligned at conferences, industry panels, and other external engagements.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Public Policy, Sustainability, or a related field.
- One to Three years of experience in clean energy development, investment banking, management consulting, or a relevant field. In certain cases, Aligned will consider internships as evidence of experience.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and research skills.
- Proven analytical and financial modeling skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong commitment to addressing the threat of climate change.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Eligibility for annual bonus.
About Aligned Climate Capital
Aligned is an investment advisor focused exclusively on sustainable companies and real assets that address the threat of climate change across four sectors—clean energy, electric transport, resilient infrastructure, and sustainable natural resources. Aligned’s mission is to accelerate the flow of capital into these sectors by creating fully commercial investment products for institutional investors, family offices, high net-worth individuals, and foundations.
Aligned is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com