AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is a venture studio founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms.
Our purpose is to build AI companies that move humanity forward.
What We Seek:
We are looking for an energetic associate to join our investment team and help us identify the best early-stage companies leveraging AI today and help our portfolio companies grow. As company builders, founders and investors ourselves we are looking to add a top new investment talent to our investment team to expand our investment practice. We welcome candidates who possess a growth mindset, strong analytical skills and ability to handle ambiguity.
What You Will be Doing:
- The associate will be responsible for providing support to the partners in all aspects of potential and existing investments and reports to the AI Fund Partners.
- Source /evaluate early-stage investments leveraging outbound prospecting, meeting with entrepreneurs and attending industry events.
- Screen inbound funnel early-stage investments.
- Develop industry knowledge and contacts to help formulate investment strategy/themes
- Perform due diligence for potential new investments via
- Market research and analysis,
- Review of technology,
- Industry trends,
- Financial modeling and valuation,
- Analysis of operational forecasts and budgets
- Reference calls to customers and business partners
- Preparation of investment memos
- Support existing portfolio via:
- Development of financial models relating to follow-on financings, restructurings, and liquidity events,
- Analysis of potential merger and acquisition exits including breakdown of investor returns,
- Aiding partner board responsibilities
- Development of presentation materials for partner meetings and investment decisions
- Tracking industry statistics and maintaining internal databases such as venture capital financings and trends, deal flow statistics, etc.
What You Must Bring:
- MBA degree from top tier program with superior academic performance
- Technical undergraduate degree (engineering, math, science, and/or computer science)
- Candidate has experience analyzing various companies/business problems as a professional at an investment bank/consulting firm for a minimum of one year
- Work experience for a minimum of one year in a startup/technology company, with a preference for product related roles.
- Ability to interpret a multitude of sources and devise clear concise recommendations
- Market research experience including competitive market mapping, trend analysis and TAM/SAM/SOM analysis.
- Proactive self-starter with a strong work ethic
- Confident financial modeler
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Natural analytical ability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong desire to work in deal generation/sourcing investment environment and help early-stage companies grow
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to interact professionally with company founders and executives
Nice to Haves:
- Product experience at a tech company or a start-up
Please note that there is no relocation budget or visa sponsorship budget available for this role. However, currently, we are working from home till 2021 so everyone is able to remotely within 3-hour time difference from PST until everyone is ready to return to the office.
At AI Fund, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. AI Fund believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. Selection for employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If interested, please apply here.