Aegis is looking for a resourceful and intellectually curious Venture Associate to work alongside our studio team and corporate partners. The role will encompass all elements of early-stage venture creation and validation, including ideation, user and market research, and product discovery across a wide range of health tech portfolio incubation efforts. In particular, Venture Associates will focus on venture creation opportunities in either healthcare artificial intelligence (AI) or virtual care delivery.
In this dynamic, fast-paced role, Venture Associates will be expected to remain at the forefront of cutting-edge healthcare trends and play an integral part in laying the groundwork for company launches. The role is an ideal growth opportunity for those who are galvanized by the prospect of taking novel, industry-shaping initiatives from 0-to-1, and who aspire to develop a highly differentiated skillset around ideating and validating new ventures.
This is an exciting time to join Aegis Ventures, as we have laid the foundation of studio processes and have started to accelerate the venture creation process. Venture Associates will play a leading role in building multiple new businesses, with opportunities to support external investments in early stage companies, which will drive change across the healthcare sector.
We envision Venture Associates to operate with a high degree of autonomy and ownership in taking ideas from research to prototyping to NewCo formation. We will also provide Venture Associates with the support to succeed in building new businesses. We have assembled a team of clinical, regulatory, technical and commercial experts, in addition to other external partners who will work hand-in-hand with Venture Associates. We will also provide close mentorship from a venture creation team invested in personal development, to help Venture Associates achieve their full potential.
A successful candidate will be able to work independently in ambiguous, unstructured work environments. We are looking for a high-energy, strategic thinker with an entrepreneurial disposition and a willingness to leave no stone unturned in shepherding our business to the next level. The role will be based in New York.
- Assist with the ideation and validation phases of our healthcare portfolio companies through driving our rigorous market research and diligence processes
- Build iterative hypotheses through gathering and analyzing information from a wide variety of sources and use findings to synthesize actionable insights
- Develop and present cohesive, well-structured presentations and vertical memos that synthesize qualitative and quantitative findings
- Collaborate with our corporate partners to co-create new ventures
- Manage and mentor teams of interns ad hoc to scope and complete discrete projects
- Own relationships with key external stakeholders including vendors and other partners to advance the venture creation process
- Support the Venture Manager, Venture Creation Partners and other studio leadership by providing strategic recommendations, conducting diligence, and drafting internal deliverables for studio strategy sessions
- Multiple years of professional experience in healthcare innovation and/or consulting (MBB experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Committed interest to the fast-paced world of venture and startups
- A highly driven innovator motivated by the desire to help lay the foundation for transformative companies
- A logical thinker who revels in analytical and conceptual complexity, and is capable of developing mental frameworks for tackling new and unfamiliar research areas
- An insatiably curious and voracious consumer of information who leaves no stone unturned
- An adaptable, fast-moving researcher who thrives in the pursuit of disconfirming information and the dynamism of startup market validation
- A razor-sharp communicator, both written and verbal, with ability to synthesize insights to guide decision-making across the studio
- An active listener and humble team player seeking to continuously learn and grow from those around you
What you’ll gain
- Competitive compensation package, including a strong base salary and performance-based bonus
- Top-tier health, vision, dental, and commuter benefits
- Generous monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- The chance to earn upside in a wide variety of companies the studio launches and scales
- Unparalleled exposure to the full continuum of the health technologies sector, from artificial intelligence to virtual care
- The opportunity to help solve difficult problems and collaborate with world-class experts from healthcare provider networks, academia, and industry
- A chance to work with a highly talented, close-knit team who can act as a support network and sounding board throughout your entrepreneurial journey
Aegis Ventures is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer — we recruit, train, compensate and promote our team members based on qualifications. We know how important it is not only to include but to actively seek out a diversity of opinions and voices. We want to hear from you regardless of your race, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, veteran status, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If interested, please apply here.