Active Partners is a leading consumer-focused investment firm that backs outstanding brands with global aspiration and standing.
We thrive on finding brands that people shout about and only invest in businesses led by visionary founders. We only invest in brands with exceptional levels of customer engagement.
We give founders our full support and gain their trust, which allows us to challenge them and their teams to help shape growth strategies, leveraging our meaningful track record of experience and deep network in the consumer sector.
We’ve been immersed across the consumer landscape for over 15 years and have an extensive playbook of growing successful consumer brands.
We’re currently investing our third fund, Active Partners III / £100m
We’ve been on some wonderful journeys with brands such as Rapha, Secret Cinema, LEON and Soho House.
Our brands have had very clear missions and leaders with inspirational values. The great brands of tomorrow will be ever more values-driven, as consumers increasingly engage with companies that take a proper stand to do things better.
We see a growing number of emerging brands that are responding to these needs in truly inspiring ways, whilst generating attractive investment returns.
We are a small, tight, non-hierarchical, open-minded, passionate, light-hearted, determined team with highly diverse and complementary skills. We love what we do.
We seek an exceptionally talented Associate to join the investment team.
As part of the role, you will:
- Analyse new investment opportunities in the following areas:
- Market opportunity e.g. addressable size, competition, pricing dynamics
- Consumer engagement e.g. consumer surveys, analyzing customer reviews, customer cohort behaviour.
- Financial robustness and unit economics
- Strength and depth of management teams
- Build and own operational and cashflow financial models for new and existing investments
- Source new investments
- Value new and existing investments including acquisition and public company benchmarks
- Support the execution of new investments including structuring, tax planning and legal documentation
- Provide support for lead team members eg. financing, exit planning, buy and build
- Report on investments for internal valuation purposes
- You will have had 2-3 years post graduate work experience in one or more of the following:
- Top tier strategy consultant, investment banking or accountancy
- Growth capital, private equity or family office
- Business development or strategy in a blue chip corporate where the team has demonstrably shown transformation and/or financial performance improvements
- A stand out, high growth, digital-first brand.
- Demonstrable entrepreneurialism either within your work or personal life
- You will have worked in, or have knowledge and a real excitement for consumer brands.
- Exceptional academics including degree level education from a top university and A-level results
You will be a key member of the Active family. We are a small, tight, non-hierarchical, open- minded, passionate, light-hearted, determined team with highly diverse and complementary skills.
As part of the team, you will:
- Share our values of courage, respect, partnership, diversity and curiosity.
- Be humble, confident, light-hearted and engaging. Above all be yourself.
- Set your own very high standards and be driven to challenge, champion and improve ours.
- Live your life to the full, in and outside of work.
- Be entrepreneurial, take responsibility, have conviction and always “Find a way”.
If interested, please apply here.