500 Startups is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs and build thriving global ecosystems. We have invested in over 2,400 early-stage companies across 75 countries and are consistently ranked as the most active venture capital firm in deals and exits.
Our Southeast Asian “500 Durians” team has invested in over 200 regional startups since 2013 including being early in companies like Grab, Carousell and Bukalapak among many others. This is just the beginning – we are aggressively growing our team to serve even more founders and be even more impactful to entrepreneurship and the region.
What We Need
We are looking for an Capital Formation Associate to join the 500 Durians team in Singapore.
We have sovereign wealth funds, financial institutions, pensions, multi-nationals, ultra high net worth individuals, family offices and more entrusting us with their capital. You are a magnet for that. You strategize, organize, and execute the increase in assets under management. This means you’ll pick up that phone, take the meetings, wine, dine (over Zoom as well), and convey our fund proposition to the right people. You’ll work directly with the General Partners.
- Producing and updating collaterals including decks, pitchbooks, investor updates and reports.
- Supporting the team in managing the relationships with our fund investors, including through organising events, scheduling meetings, managing and updating our investors
- Supporting the team with various projects related to lead generation, sales pipeline organising fundraising roadshows
- Track and monitor the investor lifecycle and ensure that all investor queries are addressed in a timely manner
- Work with potential investors through their diligence, subscription and onboarding process
- Sourcing leads, engaging with them to introduce the fund proposition
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or other related field
- Preferably 2-3 years experience in investment banking, private banking, private equity, venture capital
- High attention to detail, thorough, organized and self-motivated
- Strong understanding of financial reporting and ability to analyze fund performance
- Proficient in G Suite tools as well as excel and powerpoint.
- Excellent deck design and data visualisation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask between projects and deliverables and maintain a high level of accountability
- Comfortable with working in an unstructured, cross-culture, global environment with high expectations
- Ambitious, curious, passionate about startup culture, venture capital and technology
- Flexibility with international travel at short notice
- Sales-driven personality
Due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If interested, please apply here.