Xen leverages its network to source and screen high quality funds and direct opportunities. We employ a rigorous investment selection process that involves an in-house investment team and committee that includes distinguished external advisors, to curate the best investment opportunities for investors. The Investment Analyst shall assist the investment team in this process and will work primarily on the following investment-related tasks:
Investment analysis: Assist in the screening and evaluation of various investment opportunities. Develop and support an opinion on the attractiveness of potential investments. Perform valuation assessments, model various risk-return profiles, verify and understand underlying assumptions and projections made by fund managers.
Market research: Conduct in-depth industry research into various markets, both on a global and regional scale. Identify trends and themes that can potentially impact investment decisions. Structure and write comprehensive reports and/or presentation decks on given research topics. Keep abreast of latest market trends and news that could impact the industry and investments under Xen’s management.
Data analytics: Analyse relevant qualitative and quantitative data to produce useful insights.
Portfolio monitoring: Track ongoing fundraising opportunities and monitor investments under management.
Documentation: Prepare investor materials (teasers, fact sheets, pitch books, etc.). Draft various deal materials for both internal and external use. Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports for investors.
- Graduating in May 2021 (professionals with less than 2 years of experience will be considered as well)
- Strong academic standing; a Bachelor’s degree preferably in finance, accountancy, economics, business administration, and/or professional qualifications such as CFA, CPA and ACCA
- Preferably with internship experience in private equity, venture capital, investment banking or relevant financial institutions
- Genuine interest in alternative asset classes
- Good knowledge of alternative investments including private companies is a plus
- Highly analytical and possess strong quantitative skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite of products
- Excellent oral and written proficiency in English; added proficiency in a second language (ideally Mandarin) will be preferred (evaluated on a case-by-case basis, depending on business requirements)
- Highly motivated, responsible and have good time management skills; able to work autonomously with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented and is able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen to experience the dynamic nature of a fintech start-up environment
- Preferably a Singapore Citizen / PR
If interested, please apply here.