Wafra Inc. is a leading global investment firm currently managing approximately $27 billion in assets and commitments across a variety of asset strategies. Behind our investment strategies are talented professionals, principally in New York and other financial centers, who bring expertise and experience to deliver strategic, reward-focused solutions. Wafra seeks to provide long-term investment return solutions that span not just years, but generations.
Wafra is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Associate to join its Sustainable Investment Group. This team is responsible for integrating environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) across Wafra’s diverse asset classes which focus heavily on private equity, real estate and other alternative investment strategies. We actively seek solutions and work closely with Wafra’s investment teams to conduct ESG diligence and implement value creation initiatives across a range of complex investment strategies in order to build long-term sustainable businesses.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Sustainable Investment Associate will help implement Wafra’s ESG strategy by conducting diligence on prospective investments, supporting our ESG value creation initiatives and assisting in the implementation of strategic corporate and research initiatives. Specifically, the candidate will:
- Collaborate extensively with Wafra’s investment teams to conduct ESG diligence on new investment opportunities and monitor the performance of existing portfolio companies.
- Assist the team in creating customized engagement strategies for Wafra’s portfolio companies on a range of topics including resource efficiency, best-in-class ESG practices and innovative business opportunities. Aid in the deployment of Wafra’s Sustainable Investment policy across the various asset classes in which we invest including private equity, venture capital, real estate and infrastructure.
- Develop and help deliver educational programs to ensure portfolio companies quickly embrace ESG fundamentals.
- Enhance our data management capabilities and tools to collect and analyze ESG performance data to track progress, identify efficiency opportunities and drive the vision of the program.
- Communicate Wafra’s sustainability program to internal teams, portfolio companies and external stakeholders to educate and gain support from these various constituencies.
- Create best-in-class content to report ESG outcomes to Wafra’s investors, take a leadership role in completing Wafra’s PRI transparency reporting and support ad hoc fund diligence and reporting requests.
- Support the team in monitoring, analyzing and communicating developments in evolving industry standards and ensure adherence to pertinent legislation.
- Develop presentations for clients and assist with research publications.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2-3 years of experience with an investment bank or asset management firm
- Entrepreneurial spirit and robust work ethic with the ability to be resourceful and independently execute projects
- Results-oriented mindset with demonstrated interest in analyzing sustainability issues
- Outstanding research and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize and apply findings
- Capacity to handle multiple tasks at a time with strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required
- CFA/CAIA or previous experience working with alternative investments is a plus
Please submit your resume and cover letter to be considered for this role.
If interested, please apply here.