Unternehmertum Venture Capital Partners (UVC Partners) is one of Europe’s leading early-stage venture capital firms. We invest at the seed and series A stage in B2B startups across Europe. We focus on enterprise software, mobility, and industrial technologies. We are HQ’ed in Munich at UnternehmerTUM, Europe’s leading entrepreneurship center, and have recently opened an office in Berlin. We are privileged to have partnered with founders of startups such as Flixbus, KONUX, Vimcar, Blickfeld, TWAICE, Capmo, i2x, and finn (www.uvcpartners.com).
Many people say venture capital is an apprenticeship business. While it might take years to learn the craft of venture, we want you to be ahead of the learning curve. Therefore, we are looking for a Junior Investment Analyst (part-time) to join our team and to complete a 10-month venture capital traineeship program (working student). You will get first-hand insights into the way successful startups are built and why and how venture capitalists invest in them.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join us to work within our investment team. What you will do is at the core of the work for our fund. You will help us lead research into various technology and industry segments, keep our deal flow machine running, help to build solid foundations for investment decisions by supporting due diligence on potential investments, and be the first point of contact for founders. You will learn about new products, technologies, and which business models work or don’t work.
We are providing you with a condensed apprenticeship program to learn the craft of venture capital at speed at the heart of Munich’s startup scene. After “graduation” you will have what it takes to start your career in venture capital, to start your own venture or to join an early-stage rocket ship. We have structured the program along the following modules:
1. Deal sourcing
a. Great companies often come from unexpected sources – help us find new sources
b. You will identify, contact and meet entrepreneurs we should get to know. You will help us find THE next big thing.
2. Deal evaluation / due diligence
a. You will help us qualify the large deal flow we receive and allocate our time to the right opportunities. You will support the investment team in deal flow and business plan analyses
b. You will perform technology & market research and competitor analyses as due diligence on potential investments
c. You will participate in pitch meetings with founders
3. Investment process
a. You help with building a solid, data-driven basis for our investment decisions
b. You will support in writing investment memos on potential investments
c. You will support deal teams on executing financial transactions and help them in partnering with new startups
4. Portfolio support
a. You will support us in ongoing portfolio management, e.g. by helping prepare portfolio reporting
b. You have the chance to drive own initiative on how to better serve our growing portfolio
c. You will assist in exit preparations of portfolio companies
- Workplace: Garching, Munich, Germany (remote during Covid-19)
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Duration: minimum of 10 months, part-time
- You find it easy to apply first-principles thinking and your strong analytical skills. • You have a high level of intellectual curiosity as well as a self-starter and growth mindset.
- You are collaborative, empathetic and communicative. A true team player.
- You are deeply passionate about startups, technology and innovation.
- Practical work experience in startups and/or venture capital, private equity or consulting is preferred.
- You are currently studying an undergraduate or graduate degree with outstanding results at a top-tier university. We are open to all types of educational backgrounds (e.g. engineering, science, business, finance, etc.).
- You possess strong written and oral communication skills in English, proficient German skills being a plus, but not a must.
What we offer
- You will be part of the deal team of at least one new investment where you’ll get insights into the full investment process
- You will be paired with one senior member of our investment team (Partner) as mentor over the course of the program with regular 1-to-1 session
- You will have access to the UnternehmerTUM ecosystem and will meet all key stakeholders of programs such as Xpreneurs, TechFounders or the Initiative for Industrial Innovators to equip you with perspectives and contacts to leapfrog your startup career
- You will receive a competitive salary package and will have the flexibility to align your studies with our day-to-day operations
Alexander Kiltz (Investment Principal)
Please apply by uploading your CV, transcripts and a short blurb instead of a cover letter, in which you present:
- the technology trend you are most passionate about and
- a start-up we should invest in, given our investment focus.
If interested, please apply here.