Founded in 2014, Tideline is a consulting firm that provides tailored advice to clients developing impact investment strategies, products, and solutions. Our mission is to help clients excel in realizing financial and societal value. We believe in shared, sustainable prosperity powered by market-based solutions. To that end, our services include strategy development, impact management system design, impact due diligence, and impact verification.
Our multi-disciplinary team delivers services of unmatched quality, grounded in deep, rigorous research and analysis. Past clients have included leading global asset owners, asset managers, and service providers active in impact investing. Tideline has offices in New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; and Portland, OR and is led by the firm’s partners: Christina Leijonhufvud, Ben Thornley, and Kim Wright-Violich.
About the position:
This is a unique entry-level opportunity for an early-career individual to gain exposure to impact investing and strategy consulting. The Analyst will gain diverse experience playing an important role in Tideline’s consulting and impact verification services, through executing research and analysis, producing materials, and supporting project coordination and management, among other responsibilities. The relative focus of the role between consulting and impact verification projects will be determined based on needs, interest, and fit.
Candidates will be considered for the New York or San Francisco office. Tideline is currently working entirely remotely, and the timing and plans for returning to the office remain uncertain as the public health situation and guidance evolves. Candidates must be located near either of the offices or be willing to commit to re-locate once employees are able to return to the office.
Core responsibilities include:
Project coordination, research, and materials (85%):
- Performing research and analysis related to client projects, including literature reviews, summaries of findings, participation in expert interviews, etc.
- Developing client materials, including PowerPoint presentations and written reports
- Leading scheduling and supporting project and client management for projects
- Supporting quantitative analysis and modeling efforts for client projects (as applicable given candidate experience)
- Contributing to team meetings, brainstorming, and project planning
Operational and business development support (15%):
- Performing research to inform business development and operational efforts, as needed
- Supporting the drafting of proposals and other business development materials
- Working with other team members to address internal / operational priorities, as needed
The ideal candidate has a collaborative disposition; is analytical and driven to learn; is exceptionally well-organized with an eye for detail; communicates well; and is committed to advancing social and environmental outcomes. Every member of the team embodies our firm’s values: excellence, commitment, and openness.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Demonstrated ability to exercise initiative, sound judgment, and discretion
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Skilled at and affinity for research
- Sense of humor and self-awareness
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
- Adept at using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Although not required, preferred qualifications include:
- Knowledge of impact investing, finance, and/or philanthropy
- Knowledge of impact measurement and management
- Experience in consulting, impact investing, finance, philanthropy, and/or research
- Financial / quantitative analysis experience
- Strong design sensibilities
- 0-3 years post-Bachelor’s degree work experience or equivalent
You may send any questions to email@example.com.
At Tideline, we value diversity and the unique contributions of each person. We work hard to create and maintain an open, inclusive environment where every individual feels free to bring their full self to the table. Tideline is an equal opportunity employer.
If interested, please apply here.