If you are currently employed or enrolled as a student at The Ohio State University, please l og in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Welcome to The Ohio State University’s career site. We invite you to apply to positions of interest. In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Ensure you have all necessary documents available when starting the application process. You can review the additional job description section on postings for documents that may be required.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
Venture Development Analyst
Business and Finance | Corporate Engagement Office
The Ohio State University Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship works to foster a culture of
entrepreneurship for the Ohio State community through the creation and support of new ventures
and the education and encouragement of their founders. The Keenan Center provides a
campus-wide hub for collaboration and engagement with early stage capital, startup talent and
robust programming resources to maximize opportunities for social and economic impact. The
Keenan Center works to advance Ohio State technologies to the market through the creation and
support of startup companies. Ohio State’s startup portfolio contains approximately 100 active
companies that have been spun out of university technology. The Keenan Center seeks a Venture
Development Analyst to join the team.
*Desired Hiring Range is $63,000 – $82,000. As such, the starting salary shall be commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.”
COMPLIANCE & REPORTING40%
- Manage data, reporting and compliance functions related to the Keenan Center for Entrepreneurship
venture development and capital pillars
- Working with members of the Keenan team, define data analytics needs and requirements to the
organization; identify and collect appropriate data elements necessary; develop data analytics
solutions and tools required.
- Develop process to monitor and track portfolio company progress and system to record information
in Innovate platform.
- Perform quarterly collection of required portfolio company documents and extract appropriate
information to ensure timely updates of key data in databases; Create new templates for data
reporting, streamline process, and resolve any issues in the process of portfolio company data
- Improve data reporting through creation of new databases and dashboards
- Produce quarterly data reports and respond to ad hoc information requests
- Analyzes workflows and performs continuous process improvement
STARTUP PIPELINE/DEALS MANAGEMENT40%
- Develop system for managing startup opportunities through the venture development process
(invention disclosure to deal)
- Collect and analyze internal and external data and perform in-depth industry research to evaluate
startup opportunities; provide written report and/or presentation that succinctly describes
research/analysis findings for internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the venture development deals/talent meeting (managing the agenda, generating reports to
support meeting discussion, and taking/distributing meeting minutes)
- Support venture development team with deal execution by assisting in the completion of deal
closing checklist activities
- Create and maintain a database of terms sheets
- Coordinate development of portfolio company marketing collateral (e.g. website content, pitch
deck/one-pager, annual booklet) with Marketing & Communications team
- Manage database of venture capital contacts. Assist in quarterly outreach of potential investment
FUND MANAGEMENT & REPORTING – INTERNALLY MANAGED FUNDS20%
- Process capital calls
- Record investments and exit transactions
- Maintain financial statements
- Develop and manage systems to organize fund documents, investment documents and financial reports
- Maintain securities, warrants, and convertible notes
- Prepare quarterly fund report
- Reconcile bank statements
- Receive and process fund distributions
- Collect required tax documentation and forward to tax department
- Internally managed funds include: Contract Fund, Carmen Innovations, LLC and NIT Innovations,
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 2 years of experience in database design and implementation. Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint for data analysis and report creation.
Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in data science, statistics or data analysis. Experience with analytics tools and database programming languages such as SAS or SQL. Proficiency with data visualization tools such as Tableau. Understanding of university technology commercialization, venture development, and/or early-stage private capital. Experience with financial statements and basic accounting functions. Strong analytical and reporting skills with a high level of attention to detail. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Proven project management capabilities, including managing multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to identify and prioritize initiatives. Ability to work effectively both as part of team and independently with a high degree of initiative.