The Stand Together Ventures Lab team seeks an Investment Analyst to help us invest in new businesses that change society. We are looking for a highly qualified and self-directed investment professional to assess investment opportunities and assist with portfolio company projects.
As an Investment Analyst with Stand Together Ventures Lab, you will work with a team of investment professionals to analyze live deals and opportunistically assist with portfolio company projects. Our team works collaboratively to assess both the social impact and financial viability of early-stage companies. The Investment Analyst will conduct research and produce the initial analysis that help lead our firm to pursue or reject a deal.
You must be detail oriented and results driven as you will be responsible for refining the team’s perspective on the social impact of a given investment while simultaneously reviewing business plans and financials to model the scalability and viability of a startup.
While investment origination and portfolio company relationships may be managed by others on the team, Stand Together Ventures Lab will rely on the quality of your analysis to make investment decisions. There is room for significant growth as successful candidates demonstrate ability to own additional aspects of the investment process over time, including deal sourcing and structuring.
- Organize and analyze information from multiple sources about potential investments to assess social impact and financial viability of early-stage companies
- Build financial and operational models to understand the potential upside opportunity and key risks of a given investment
- Draft investment memos that convey all aspects of social impact and financial analysis in a clear and concise format for organizational leadership
- Assist with portfolio company projects and follow-on investment analysis
- Conduct additional research and analyses as requested (e.g., market analyses)
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills You Bring to the Team:
Successful candidates likely have 3+ years of professional experience in the following areas:
- Analyzing companies using multiple sources of information of varying quality
- Building financial and operational models to provide a specific form of insight as part of a broader analytical conclusion
- Capable of synthesizing market research, insights, trends, financial analysis, and management team discussions into a concise and coherent investment memo
- High sense of urgency and initiative combined with a strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to drive multiple projects to completion in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to various investment themes, priorities, and other analytical projects
- Ability to handle confidential information and documents with discretion
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and a proven ability to work collaboratively across multiple teams and people
Standout Candidates May Also Bring:
- Curiosity and appreciation for entrepreneurs and startups
- Prior investment experience and an understanding of the fiduciary responsibility
- Prior experience making independent investment recommendations, especially pertaining to startups operating in a variety of industries
- Social impact investment experience in any of our key issue areas, combined with a strong willingness to learn about other priority topics
- Analytical experience in an incubator, accelerator, venture capital, or family office setting
Stand Together Ventures Lab accelerates Stand Together’s impact by backing bold innovators striving for 100x and beyond transformation. We bring together rising leaders in business, technology, and culture to source, incubate and scale disruptive solutions that enable people to unleash their full potential. Stand Together Ventures Lab makes pre-seed to Series A impact investments in solutions that will transform millions of lives in the U.S. across key issues such as Poverty, Criminal Justice Reform, Foundational / Post-Secondary Education, Economic Opportunity, Immigration, and others.
Our team comprises highly experienced investment and tech professionals who look for organizations that want to change the world. We work side by side with founders at every step of the journey, from our first connection to full market adoption – and beyond. We bring a unique set of capabilities to actively support our ventures. Our Market-Based Management® philosophy creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create.
If interested, please apply here.